Chapter 2

Chapter 2

I awoke in the morning to voices downstairs. I crawled out of bed and washed my face while brushing my teeth and throwing on some sweat pants and a t-shirt. I threw my hair up in a bun and walked down stairs.

 James, Carter and Dan were sitting eating some pancakes. “mm I want some” I looked around trying to find where they were “sorry sis I picked up some on the way home, you get none because you took advantage of me last night while I was drunk and ditched me” Carter smirked.

I rolled my eyes and went to the cupboards to find some cereal “yea ok there. Like you would have came home last night anyway” I muttered while pulling out some fruit loops. I poured myself a bowl of milk and put some cereal in it, and just when I turned around I noticed they had all stopped talking and were staring at me like I was crazy “what” I said with some cereal in my mouth. “well you haven’t changed at all!” Dan bursted out laughing.

“oh yea Tay Rosanna and Haley want to go shopping.  They asked if you wanted to come. Also we wanted to have a bro’s day so you should go anyway” he said. “ oh yea sure. When are they planning on going?” I asked taking a seat beside Carter. I always loved shopping even know I never bothered to go out anywhere important much. “well since there still sleeping and it’s already 10 I’m guessing that they’re going to  leave round 2? That all good for you?” he asked. I simply nodded. I had plans tomorrow to hang out with Missy my best friend. I freshmen year, we were both new and nothing alike. That’s the reason I’m not always with her, Missy was extremely outgoing. Sometimes I would go with her, but I stayed clear of house parties.  She was smart though and fun in her own way. We liked spending time together alone because it was more fun. I could trust Missy with anything, over the years we just developed that type of friend ship I guess.

“yea but I’m going Bowling with Missy tomorrow.” I relied in case they wanted me o do anything more. “oh wow she’s actually getting you out of the house now?”  Dan said surprised. “yea Tay’s bin going out more lately now. Maybe she’s finally decided to live her life” Carter responded for her “yea guys very funny” I said finishing up my cereal. I placed the bowl in the sink and walked out the kitchen. “oh yea and Tay mom and dad went to some business meeting they said there going to be back Monday night” Carter called from the kitchen “ok”

When I walked up the stairs I and down the hall way I heard footsteps behind me. I turned around only to be faced by the most wonderful thing in the world, James. (note the sarcasm.) “what do you want?” I asked in a bored tone. Like I really wanted to talk to him, “we never got to finish what we started last night” he said taking a step closer to me. “yea that’s because we never started anything. Now get away from me. Your girl is a couple rooms down. You want something go to her” I said annoyed. “aww Tay no need to be so jealous” he chuckled. “now where the hell did you get that idea from” I asked rolling my eyes. I wanted to go downtown  today before I had to go to the mall. No one knew but I liked boxing. Every Saturday morning at 11, I would tell them I was going to the library when I went down there to fight. If I told them they would never let me do it, so I keep it a secret.

“look I don’t have time for you right now. Let’s talk later, a couple days, weeks, years. I don’t really care. I’ll catch up with you later.” I turned around and walked in my door slamming it behind me and locking it.

I changed into some shorts and a tank top, putting a sweater and sweat pants over it. I tied my hair up in a ponytail and put my gloves in my “book bag”. I opened my door and checked to make sure James left. I pulled my hood over my head and walked down the stairs “going to the library I yelled out. Knowing they heard.  “she still does that” I heard Dan mumbled from the kitchen “yea. How the hell does she spend 2 hours at a library every Saturday morning. I beginning to think she doesn’t even go there” carter exclaimed.

I laughed as I walked out the door. He had no idea how close he really was. I jogged over to my car and got in, backing out the driveway. It took me about 15 minutes to get down town to the place. I got out of my car and walked inside. It smelt the same as always, a mix of blood and sweat. It was boxing of course here would be some blood. It was good for me to fight, this was I won’t be completely defenseless. It’s doesn’t fit at all with the life style I have and who I am, but one day after watching UFC a couple years ago I decided I really wanted to do this. I smiled as I put on my gloves; i wriggled out of my sweats and sweater and walked towards the ring.

After about 2 hours I was panting heavily and sweating a lot. I walked out with my bag slung across my shoulder to see none other than James leaning against my car. What the hell? This isn’t going to be good.

I kept my face still and hard “get off my car” I said as I reached it. “is that all you have to say here?” he smirked. I narrowed my eyes, making sure to pick my words carefully. “yes, is there something else you would want me to say?” I asked. ‘well it just seems that you have been lying to your family. Your supposed to be at the library every Saturday not fighting” he said. oh god, he better not tell. “yea and what’s it to you”. “Well you see, you’re going to have to agree to what I want if you want your secret to stay a dirty little secret.”  I he seriously black mailing me? two can play at that game

“Yea well what about that night at the party when you tried to kiss me? I could easily tell them about that, your dirty little secret” I stated. “Yea but that would put you in awkward position also. It would be a win lose for me. And a loose for you, I suggest you keep my little secret and go along with what I want.” He said. I didn’t see any way out of this right now- wait he has no proof of this, my family would believe me over him any day. “you have no proof” I said smirking. I just got out of his little death trap.

“yea I do,” he smiled while holding up his phone, you could see me training in a ring with one of the other girls. Sarah I think her name was, she was new. “aw shit” I mumbled. “yea so we have a deal or you actually want to be spending your Saturdays at a library with a supervisor?” he threated.

I narrowed my eyes at him “and what exactly do you want from me?” I asked. “well I’ll decide this later, it’s always good to have something over  on people”. I simply nodded “fine you can go now then. Let me know when you can possibly figure out what you want from me.” I rolled my eye and got in my car. Like he would actually want anything from me. if it was it would probably be homework or something, nothing that would make me miserable.