Chapter 3

Chapter 3

On the way home I could see Jams following me and it was annoying me to my breaking point. I pulled up at the house the same time as him. When I opened the door I made sure to slam the door In his face behind me.

“hey Tay how was the library ”Carter snickered from the kitchen. What a loser he still hasn’t moved in 2 hours. “yea of course I did as always” I said in a cheery voice. I walked up the stairs and into my room. I threw my bag down in some corner or my room and plopped down on the bed. I was really tired but I had to get some homework done. I wanted to go to UCLA, but it was a while from here so I would have to be really dedicated to my studies to make it there.

A knock on the door awoke me, I lifter my head off my desk. Wow I fell asleep? “who is it?” my voice came out hoarse and groggy from sleep. James walked in and closed the door behind him “oh looked like someone is tired from all that hard work at the library” he teased as he saw the state I was in.

“What do you want James?” I sighed. “oh I just wanted to collect on that favor you owe me.” he smirked and leaned against the corner of my room. ‘yea and what would that be” I said bored. “well I want you to go out with me.” my head shot up as my eyes got wide. “What? No you have a girlfriend take her” I said confused. “don’t flatter yourself. It’s not for that reason.” His voice was serious now and all traces of joking were gone. “and what would the reason be then?” I raised an eyebrow. “my parents want to have dinner with me since I’m in town. They don’t like Rosanna, and I told them I broke up with her and found a new girl. You’re going to pose as that new girl. We’re going to be staying there for the weekend. Starting Friday night and we will come back Sunday” he explained

“hell no I'm not staying overnight alone with you” I jumped out of my seat, now fully awake. “oh but you will. Unless you want to never fight again, I can make your life a living hell. You won’t have anything left to do but study. I know the only thing that makes you truly happy is boxing and that will be gone if you don’t” he had a smug look on his face.

I sighed, what other choice did I have. He was right; boxing was kind of my other life. The side that made me happy, school work was boring but it was necessary to get into a new university, I already had a future planned out. “Fine, but until Friday you get the hell out of my face” I spat. Anger boiled in me at what he was making me do.

He walked over to me as I took steps back. I was backed into a corner with his hands on either side of me. he leaned in till his mouth was grazing my ear. “I give the order’s here. Don’t bother trying to tell me what to do.” He trailed his mouth down to my neck, over my jaw. He suddenly pulled away “see?” he said before turning around and walking out.

Damn, I can’t let him get to me like this. If I do anything wrong here I’m done. But if I go down, he is so going down with me. I just need something on him.

I changed my clothes into some jeans and a v neck before going back downstairs. I came up with an idea while I was changing. I'm going to show him who I really can be, I do go out sometimes, and those sometimes will turn into a lot during this week. I'm going to show him I'm not a good to meet his parents.

I dialed missy’s number “hey girl, you got any plans for tonight. I feel like going out” I said. “oh wow Taylor Adams is actually going to go out on her own will?” her voice full of surprise, I rolled my eyes in response. “yea Missy so you got any good hook ups?” I asked.

“hell yea when don’t i? there’s a party at some kid named Kent’s. I heard it from Sarah J. its supposed to be some fun, it’s like a test party, I’ve never been to one from this kid before. You down with that?”  “yea I guess, what time?” I asked.

‘I’ll pick you up at 7 and we can get ready at my house, we’ll head over 9 or sometime. Oh I got to go my stupid sister is having another Hissy Fit” she said before hanging up. Good then all’s I have to do is go out a lot and come home late, show them him I’m a bad example.

“hey what you so happy about?” carter asked eyeing me suspiciously. “what I can’t be happy” I shrugged innocently. ‘who’s happy about what?” Dan came in “tay’s up to something.” Carter said easily. “nah I’m not, It’s just been a happy day” I said getting a bottle of water

“Who’s happy about what day?” James came in saying looking over at us. I had to roll my eyes. couldn’t he like I don’t know, drop off a cliff? “Well Tay’s happy, Carter thinks she’s up to something and it’s clear that she is.” He explained. “What! Seriously Dan, your believing him?” I spun around to face Dan, spilling water on myself in the process.

“yea that just proved that you are. You wouldn’t care what we thought if you were up to something. The fact that you care so much is a dead give away. Plus you panicked and spilled water on you” he laughed at the end pointing to my shirt- which was down drowned in water. I looked down and noticed it was see through. Damn my black bra was clearly see-through in the blue t-shirt. “shit” I mumbled walking away. I heard laughter from the kitchen as I left. I caught James looking at me from the corner of his eyes. it held amusement and curiosity.

Yea jackass you wonder. You won’t know what hit you, I thought to myself as I walked back upstairs. This day had been awful so far. I changed into a black t-shirt this time. Accident proof. I spend the rest of the day finishing the weeks homework, since I’ll be preoccupied for the rest of the week.

I looked at the clock, time to go to the mall with Haley and Rosanna. Aww god… I pulled on a light sweater over top and put my hair in a high ponytail and walked down the stairs. “hey Dan are Haley and Rosanna ready yet?”. Dan looked over at me as If he just noticed me “oh shit” he spit his drink out and said. I moved back and made a disgusted face.  “ew what’s wrong with you” “they already left Rosanna kept whining about how she wanted to go and shit, so Haley just gave in, they totally forgot about you. Sorry Tay” he said. oh well that just means I don’t have to put up with to shopaholics. I know Haley was a nice girl and Rosanna seemed like a bitch. So I could expect it from her. I simply shrugged and headed back up stairs.