❦39❦ Simplicity of happiness

Shina breathed out cold air, winter was really here to greet everyone with chilly days and freezing nights. Even though it was cold, it doesn't stop her waiting for Sugawara so they could go on their date.

"Shina-san!" Sugawara finally made it to the bus stop that will take them into town. "Did you wait long?" 

"I arrived not too long ago." Shina was happy to see that he had arrived before the bus arrived, any later then it will be another 15 minutes late. "Let's go." 

Sugawara asked if she wanted to spend time with him on this cold day. Shopping, movie, and dinner before going back home. They wouldn't have much of the spare time once the tournament continued so he thought they should do something unrelated to volleyball for a change. 

"It's a little frustrating when the kouhais are one upping you with height and skills. Haha! Thank god I still have what's in my head." Sugawara laughed as he talked about his kouhais to her. 

"Oh, it's the same on my end, except my kouhais are tiny. Ah, Yamazaki's brain power is at another level though, sometimes I need her to help me with 3rd year stuff." They were both seen as a big brother and big sister figure among their team after all, sometimes it could even go to the level of 'Mom.' 

Even though they agreed not to talk too much about volleyball, they naturally started to talk about it during the duration within the bus; it's the sport that connected the Setter and the Middle Blocker after all. 

They talked about a lot of things to do with volleyball. Their teammates, the training menu, the tournament, their dreams of going for the win, and their future after when everything was over. It seems that both of them had similar aims, the aim to go higher with their kouhais, and the aim to leave behind a legacy for them to continue.

"Most importantly..." 

"Yeah?" 

"It'd be nice if you're still with me in the future." Sugawara's words made her blush right in front of him.

"Koushi, press the button! We just went past our stop!" 

"Ah! Wait! Stop the bus! Stop the bus!"

They were so into the volleyball and their  talk that they nearly got far from their destination! 

Sugawara said there was a winter market in the area and he wanted to check it out. He wanted to come check it out but never had someone to come with, it's not exactly something a guy would ask another guy to go to. Having Shina coming along was a nice idea, he got to see her wearing cute winter clothes. 

Once at the square of town, they noticed that the stalls were bustling with people walking around here and there. 

"Eh?! I didn't know Santa came from Turkey?!" Shina grabbed a one of those 'did you know' leaflets on the way into the market. She read an interesting fact about Santa and now she was sharing it with Sugawara. 

"It's now called Turkey, but it wasn't called Turkey during his time." He had learnt something new today too. "Let's have a look at the stalls."

They weren't sure on what to buy in the winter market but they wandered around, looking at products made by different cultures. Some were handcrafted and some were stocked from another country.

Shina stopped because something caught her attention.

"What's that?" Shina pointed at a handcrafted dream catcher. There were various designs here and there but the one she saw hung above her head with snow white feathers. "It's beautiful." She liked how the black beads held the feathers in place, it really made the feathers stand out.