❦21❦ Call out my name

When she decided to join the local youth girl's volleyball club, the teammates of her age did doubt her ability to play volleyball with one eye sealed with an eyepatch. Many laughed at her, many mocked her, and many indirectly hurt her when they say to her 'I'd rather die if I have to wear an eyepatch for life!' Ichika was so used to it that she no longer cared what other thought about her; why bother? You couldn't impress everyone, even the most likable person would disgust someone out there.

"Hahaha! You keep hitting the net!" The girls all laughed at Ichika for always hitting the net during serving practice. 

However, the very young Isami, Touka, and Keina did not laugh. In fact, they were looking at Ichika's way.

"Ten out of ten times, that girl keeps hitting the net and successfully getting the ball over the opponent's side." Keina said to them, "When you're serving, there is always a voice telling you 'I must not hit the net at all cost!' But that girl keeps hitting the net to get that ball on the other side of the court like it's nothing. That is pretty amazing." 

"Kei-chan is right, that is pretty cool! Touka-chan, what do you think? I want to let her play with us!" 

"I'll admit that girl has skills, but that will only work on players with slow reaction. She is pretty short..." Even at a young age, Touka was a serious girl. She looked at the clipboard to see what position Ichika's ideal position was. "Middle Blocker." She gave Keina the clipboard and she walked onto the court. The moment she entered it, the girls all shivered; the demon entered the court! "Soumi, toss the ball for Saitou. There's something I want to see." 

"Sure." Soumi walked onto the court with a carefree attitude. 

"Okita, I don't see why you should bother, that girl will probably be unable to spike your toss." A random girl mocked. 

"I'll know for sure when I toss it. I will toss to anyone who has the will to spike my tosses." Soumi answered before looking at Ichika, "Are you willing to hit my tosses?" 

Ichika rolled her eyes at Soumi, "I'm definitely able to hit your tosses. Unless you're bad at tossing, I can't see why I can't hit it." 

"What did you say?!" 

"Stop butting heads in front of me!" Touka was able to stop them from arguing with just one command. 

Ichika threw the ball up into the air, Soumi got her hands ready for the toss. Soumi timed her toss with Ichika's run, and when she saw Ichika jump, she accurately tossed it into Ichika's best zone to hit the ball. 

Ichika saw that Touka was ready to block her hit. In that short time span, she saw the freshmen all but one brown haired girl gave mocking smiles. Ichika ignored the looks in their eyes and proceeded to get the ball past Touka. Ichika already knew from the start that she will not be able to spike it past Touka's block...then she will just move the ball! She gently hit the ball with her other hand, letting it roll along the net. 

"..!" Touka watched the ball land on her side of the court the moment she's down on her feet. She didn't see that coming! She thought Ichika was going to spike it, but she changed the course of the ball at the last second! She gave no signs that she will do anything other than spiking! "Huh..." Interesting, she looked at Ichika with a small smile. "Saitou, how would you like to try playing with the regulars?" 

"Huh?" Ichika didn't think she would be noticed that quick. She thought it would take a year for her to be noticed and invited to play with the regulars. 

"What?! Hijikata-san, she only has one eye!" 

"Yeah! I'm much taller than she is, and I have both eyes!"