❦03❦ Take Over Part 3

'She's finally back! The genius Setter Kondou-san and Hijikata-san acknowledged, Okita Soumi is finally herself again!' Suzaku stood up from the bench she was sitting on, moved by the fact Soumi was back to herself again. 

"Took you a while..." Ichika smiled a little when she said that. Now that Soumi was back to setting like normal again, she felt the team was getting back together again. 

Isami was so proud of Soumi and she patted her on the head, thanking her for coming back. 

"Welcome back, Soumi-chan!" 

"A-ah..." 

"Now that you are our Setter again, we're expecting a lot from you. Set the ball like the genius you are!" Touka turned her back to Soumi, a proud smile gracing her lips knowing her junior has risen from the ground once again. 

"Yes!" Soumi bowed once, "Sorry for being late!" 

"Hmph." Touka then faced the boys, "From this point on...you won't be scoring. We are going to play seriously." It was not a declaration with no words to back it up. 

From this point on, Soumi started to set the ball like she would normally. No matter where she was, she was able to set the ball to the person who should receive the toss and turn it into a spike. 

"Hijikata-san!" She set the ball for Touka to hit. Daichi and Asahi were in the front of the net to prepare for the two-man block. 

"Sawamura and Azumane will get that..." Michimiya wondered why of all people Soumi would toss the ball to Touka. Daichi and Asahi were powerful in their own rights, it would be the right choice to toss to the person away from the two of them. 

However, Touka does not give a shit and she prepared to spike in front of Daichi and Asahi. In the air, Touka looked from the ball to their raised arms. 

'There!' She spiked the ball harshly, bypassing the defense made up by Daichi and Asahi. 

Both males gasped at the fact she bypassed them like it was nothing; the attacks she performed up to this point were nothing like this! How did she spike the ball with more strength than before?!

"Fufu, Hijikata-san knows karate...she is able to control the strength she is using. She is able to control what strength she is using depending who she is facing.  You have been receiving her spikes...but are you able to receive her spikes when she is using her full strength?" Suzaku always found it interesting when seeing Touka bypass the defense; no matter how high or powerful the wall looked, Touka will break through it by force. "She always exceeds my data." 

Touka smirked and she looked at Daichi and Asahi. "How does it feel to receive my real spike?" 

Daichi glared at her, not admitting defeat just yet. "We'll just get the next one! Let's do this!" 

Heine bounced the ball once and she looked at the other side of the court. "Hm?" The young freshman looked at Isami to see her making a v sign with her fingers behind her back, it was time for the captain to take control of the battlefield! "About time, Kondou-san!" Heine served the ball to the other side of the court.

The boys were able to receive her serve and Kageyama prepared to toss the ball. At the same time, Hinata and Tanaka prepared to jump for the spike. Without words, Isami raised two fingers into the air with her right hand as Kageyama tossed the ball to Tanaka. Heine and Touka saw the hand signal and they jumped up to block the ball, preventing Tanaka from scoring. 

"No way..." Tanaka was a strong spiker in his own rights, he didn't think he would be blocked by two girls. 

Under Isami's commands, the girls were being moved here and there to intercept the spikes from the boys. Isami's tactical planning was slowly breaking the fighting spirit of the boys on the court; not allowing their spikes to go through and cleverly executing drops with precised feints, she was frustrating the boys and affecting their morale. As the captain, her volleyball skills were average compared to her teammates but she made up for it by commanding where her teammates should be at the right time; she's the leader who can plan an all out attack!