❦17❦Stay in my heart

Despite the ongoing conflicts that went ongoing for a few days, that didn't mean there wasn't harmony. It was night time and Ichika happened to witness Tsukishima asking Kuroo and Bokuto why they continued to strive to the top despite not knowing if they will win and why they bother putting in the efforts for just a sports club. 

"It doesn't really matter what happens in the future, or if you win your next match. The joy you feel beating the guy in front of you, and when you're able to pull out 120% of your potential, is everything." Bokuto said to Tsukishima. "Well, at least that's how it is for me, and it doesn't that applies to everyone. I don't really understand why you say it's 'just a club,' but I don't think you are wrong. But once that moment arrives for you..." He then pointed at Tsukishima, "...that's the moment when you're hooked on volleyball.

Tsukishima stood there for a good while, taking in Bokuto's words. 

"All right. I answered your question, now help with blocking." Bokuto was quite a believer to the theory of equivalent exchange; he answered Tsukishima's question, now the taller will exchange the price by helping out with blocks. 

"Ichi, I know you're watching from there!" Kuroo shouted, "Come out here and join us!" 

Ichika revealed herself and she shyly nodded. "Please take care of me." 

Tsukishima was told that the seniors will prepare another crate of volleyballs so they should be good and wait. 

"How long have you been there?" Tsukishima asked her.

"Enough to see you say your friend was cool." Ichika said with a small smirk, indicating to the other that she saw the whole thing from start to finish.

"You, have you been stalking me?" 

"No, I just happen to pop by." 

"Hmph." Tsukishima watched Kuroo tease Bokuto while Akaashi stood in the background with a beautiful but stoic face, "Maybe I should start coming here." He said to her, "I can't have you training with Nekoma's captain while he's putting his lecherous hands on you. How do you stand him touching you with that grin on his face?" 

"I'm still here, you know?" Kuroo said in the background. 

"Does it bother you?" 

"Not really..." His expression said otherwise. 

Ichika smiled a little, "I don't mind if you stay behind." 

"Okay~! We got everything all set up-" Kuroo was about to throw his arms around Ichika but Tsukishima acted as a wall between them. 

"Kuroo-san, you can say your words without the need to touch people." 

"Oh?" 

"I will stay and block on the condition you stop touching Saitou when I am here." 

"Huh? What does me touching Ichi have to do with you help blocking?" 

"What does your actions have to do with touching Saitou? You're acting like you have never seen a woman in your life." 

"Your words really do pack a sting, you know?" 

"Just stop it. You're a grown man, keep your hands to yourself." 

"Heh, fine, fine." Kuroo may have said that but Tsukishima was onto him. 

Kageyama was trying again and again to do the falling toss but failed many times. Soumi was watching him try to do it and she was getting bored of it. 

"I'm going to sleep." 

"Huh?! I thought you said you will throw the ball for me?!" 

"You're boring me! I am getting tired of seeing you fail!"