1: Goodbye Machinery

"The Ark is dying!"

"Leave her alone! She's just a child!"

"Please wait!"

"Let them go!"

"Promise me you'll help them! Save them!"

"I promise!"

"Stay safe my child,"

"Papa wait no please!"

Her eyes opened as she looked around the room of her cell.

That dream plagued her mind when she wanted most to forget, though it wasn't a dream but a memory instead.

Looking back at what has happened since then was never a happy time for her.

Except for when she sees her accomplishments: mastering the art of hand to hand combat, weaponry, botany, medicine, nursing, weaving, climbing etc.

She only knew how to do those things because she was trained for them, by the people of the ark itself.

Being left as an orphan in the skybox the guards took her in and showed her everything she would come to know.

In the act of doing so they had to beat her to submission: marking, hurting, burning, drowning, and tattooing her.

There was also one thing that she never liked to think about though it happened more than one would be able to handle.

It rhymes with grape, and that happened with one being in particular.

The one so called "man" that had been the center of her torment for basically half her life.

The acts caused her to learn to be silent... and so she has been for eleven years. A year after she was locked in the skybox was when the torturous behavior began, at 9 years of age.

She was interrupted from her thoughts by her cell door opening.

"Prisoner 3-7-6, stand up and face the wall." It was a guard named Craig, he was the infamous being to her based on his actions.

She did as she was told facing the wall patiently waiting. She smiled as she realized it was her time. She had wanted to die ever since she had been beaten to submission.

Suddenly the door closed and all she could hear was the breathing of the two guards, Craig and one she couldn't recall the name of, maybe Tom was his name.

She looked down as she waited for them to finish.

"I hope to see you again in the future Olivia," Craig said teasingly as he walked up to her with a smirk as he played with her shirt.

"Don't die on me on purpose when you're down there," he got nothing but silence as he ripped her shirt from the back, exposing her tattoos that went from her back to her arms.

"Dont be afraid... You're already dead," he whispered in her ear as she had a far off look on her face.

Her tattoos were intricate really, a tree that led up to the marking that lined her veins up to the opposite side of her palm. They were the only things she liked seeing about herself when she had the luxury of looking in a mirror.

 They were the only things she liked seeing about herself when she had the luxury of looking in a mirror