5: The Gas

*Previously on Silence*

"Olivia!" He yelled out causing her to look back in curiosity.

"Here," he said handing her a piece of meat on a stick.

She frowned before pointing to her wrist to show she still had her bracelet on.

"It doesn't matter, you killed the beast anyways. You deserve something in return," he said with a teasing smirk that caused her to smile and take the meat.

She was about to open her mouth to say something but she fought against it nodding in thanks instead. His brows furrowed as he noticed she held her tongue.

"You can talk to me if you want," he said soothingly as he noticed her troubled gaze. She nodded once more before looking into his eyes.

After hearing someone call his name he exited her tent, looking back to see her regretful gaze lingering on him.

...

The camp was tired of hearing the moans of pain from Jasper once he had been returned to the camp site.

Most wanted him dead so they could sleep in peace.

There were the select few that were stopping at nothing to keep him safe and alive... Olivia included.

She knew what he needed, the infected skin needed to be cut off and burned shut. She quickly pulled out a sharp knife and stuck it in a flame.

Wells, Finn and Monty were staring in confusion as they didn't know what she was going to do. As soon as she started cutting away the grayish skin they jumped into action.

Monty immediately tried going after only receiving a hand pushing him down, Olivia's hand.

"Stop it you're killing him!" Octavia yelled as she came up the ladder.

His moans and screams grew louder as she finished cutting and began placing the blade on his skin.

"No... She's saving him," Clarke said in amazement as she saw that it was only a blistering red that would leave a scar.

It wasn't long till she was done and Jasper had stopped screaming.

Everyone looked at her in shock to see how well she handled the situation, before they could comment Olivia grabbed a plant and showed it to Wells, Clarke and Finn.

"Seaweed? You want us to find more?" Wells asked as he inspected the plant to which the silent woman nodded.

With much protest Clarke accepted the company of Wells wishing for it only to be Finn.

Sending them to go find the plant she went downstairs exhausted to her tent. She sat on her makeshift bed with her head in her hands as she looked down.

She was about to fall asleep like that when she heard someone come in, it was Charlotte.

"He's still crying out... Do you think he's gonna die?" She asked with a small frown.

Olivia slightly smiled before shaking her head no, pulling the little girl in for a hug she began humming a tune causing the little girl to freeze.

Although it was just a hum she was surprised to even hear a peep come from her vocal range, even if her mouth was closed.