Husband

Imagine 17: Zelo (As Requested by Choinu99)

Location: Shanghai, China

You sat in the airplane with a straight face, showing no expression.

You have been crying for the entire flight, that you had no more tears left.

(Flashback)

You crept out of your bedroom in the middle of the night because you were thirsty. With tired eyes, you dragged your feet along the floor. Suddenly, you heard your father's voice. It sounded of sobbing.

Your eye widened, you never heard him sound this way.

''My entire bank account.. house...what am I supposed to do? I have a family! We're going to be on the streets!''

''Buoya.....? (Wtf)'' you whispered to yourself.

You're father was one of the wealthiest business man in Shanghai, and this confused you. All your life you lived spoiled, in the largest home, and had luxurious foods.

''Are you sure there isn't anything to do? I struggled enough losing my wife... my two children lived with no support of a mother!''

You bit your lip. Your mother died when you were only 6. Your dad was so depressed, that he move away from Korea to China.

''There is one, thing you can do.'' You hear a clear voice of a man through the other side of the phone.

''What... what is it?!'' You dad asked.

''Tonight, give your daughter the best of goodbyes. Tomorrow morning, send her on a plane to Seoul.''

''What! No!'' your dad argued.''What for??!''

''I am in need of a wife myself.'' the man said. ''And she is quite the type. Your account will be returned to you, and your situation will be stable.''

''You can't be serious!!!'' you whispered.

You dad stayed silent as if he was considering the offer.

''The ticket will be paid for, I will email you the flight information.'' and he hung up.

''Dad you cant!!!!'' you screamed.

Your dad was startled, and placed the phone on the table.

''Oh..! (Your name), what... Did you hear this conversation? What did I tell you about peeking in my phone calls?'' he scolded.

''I will not go to Seoul!!! You are my father, you cant!'' You yelled loud enough, that you heard little footsteps coming from the stairs.

''Daddy?'' your 3 year old brother said.

''Jagi, go to sleep..'' your dad said to him softly.

He stared at you but then ran back up the stairs.

''Please (Your name), you have to understand. We are going to starve in the streets.. Do this for me... for your brother...'' Your dad continued.

You thought about it for a moment, feeling sympathy. But it was marriage to a stranger, and you were only 16.

-

That night you had no sleep. You didn't speak a word to your father, but just did as you were told. You packed a small backpack, and dressed into new clothes. You kissed your brother on a shoulder, telling him that you would be back soon.

Your father drove you to the airport, tears running down his face.

''He doesn't love me,'' you thought to yourself, getting off the car.

(Present Time)

"Attention passengers, please prepare for landing. (Repeated in Korean and mandarin)"

You blinked your eyes and your heart raced. You were afraid to get off the plane, to know the next man you see would be your husband. He sounded like a middle aged man, and that terrified you.

What type of person could he be? A mean man... A nice one? Scary..?

Questions scattered through your mind as you left the aircraft.

It didn't matter what type of person he was, because you were forced to marry him.

When you exited the airport, you felt hands placed on your shoulder. You quickly turned around and looked into the face of a Korean man. He seemed around the age of forty, and had small wrinkles at the corner of his eyes.

''Anyeonseyo, are you (Your name)?'' It was the man from the phone.

Tears built up on your eyes. ''Y-y-yes...'' you stuttered.

He took you into the car and began to drive.

''Juseyo, don't cry... don't be afraid... You are going to have a lovely home to live in. You'll live happy, and healthy.''

You didn't say anything because your throat was stiff.

''Me and my wife, have been looking so long for the perfect girl..''

Did he say he has a wife????

''What??'' you finally asked. ''Wife??''

''Well, yes.. me and my wife..''

You were confused, did he want two wives? How was his wife okay with this?

After minutes, the car finally came to a stop.

It was stopped at a large, beautiful home. With a maroon roof, and tan walls.

The man got out from the car, and opened the door for you.

You got out, nervous and afraid, with your heart racing.

He lead you inside, opening to a home just as beautiful as your home back in Shanghai.

You stood there in front of the door, as the man left you.

Where did he go? and what did you have to do?

Minutes later, he came back, along with a young man around your age by his side.

Your eyes widened, because he was extremely handsome.

This made your heart race even faster.

His hair was lightly colored. He had smooth white skin, and a perfect smile. He was tall, and nervously bit his lip as he saw you.

You stepped back as they got closer.

''(Your name), this is Zelo... My son, whom you are going to marry....'' The man smiled.

You blinked several times. You thought that you were going to marry that man, but instead he is having you marry his perfect son!

Zelo took your hand, as the man left.

Butterflies flew through your stomach and electricity shot through your veins.

Zelo took you into the car and out to dinner~

He complimented you most of the time, causing you to blush.

Zelo was perfect.. His personality matched him.

He made you laugh a lot, and got you to actually talk.

Later that night he walked you around a park, holding your hand.

It was so soft, that you didn't even want to let go.

You thought back about you dad, about how he traded you for money, But in the end, you thought that the trade made you happier than it made your dad.

In just that night, you had already fallen in love with Zelo.