The Love of Best Friends

Imagine 6: Daehyun

The curtains swooshed open to let the morning light seep in through your window.

Your eyes blinked away the spots as you stared out at the window to see who was the culprit that disturbed your sleep.

"Wake up sleepy head." You heard a soft voice sing. You shaded your eyes from the sunlight to get a better look of whomever that voice belonged to even though you knew exactly who it was.

"Happy Birthday." He hummed.

"Yah! Jung Daehyun. What are you doing here this early? And how did you even get in?" You mumbled, your voice thick with sleep.

"You know, that key under your doormat does come in handy." He hinted, swinging the key around his finger. "And, it's your birthday! How could I not be here to be the first one to wish you the happiest birthday ever?" He cheered. "Now get dressed because we have a fun day planned ahead of us!"

He tugged on your arm, urging you to get out of bed. You trudged out of bed lazily at his pull.

"Get out while I change, Daehyun." You shoved him out, closing the door behind him. He gave the door a reassuring tap, indicating that he will still be outside. You rolled your eyes as you went off to get ready.

A savoring smell met your senses as you inched into the kitchen. You stepped in to see Daehyun at the stove, wearing your rosy pink apron around his waist.

You held in a laugh as you settled down at the table.

Daehyun turned, settling a tray upon his fingertips. "Breakfast is served." He chimed.

You clapped lightly as he placed the tray before you. You took in the appetizing smell of the colorful omelet draping over the small plate. He laid out a fork and knife atop a floral napkin beside the plate. You heard a clank as he poured you a glass of orange juice.

He pulled out a chair and plopped himself down beside you.

He wiped his hands on the apron casually. "Here, let me feed you." He carefully carved a piece from the omelet and placed it in front of your lips.

He nodded his head your way, urging you to eat it. As your lips closed around the fork he watched to see your reaction. You saw him loosen up as you nodded in approval. A smile tugged at his lips.

~

~

"Yah! Why are you so slow?" Daehyun whined, waiting for you to catch up. You stumbled before he grabbed your hand. You face flushed pink as he wrapped his hand around yours.

He looked back and flashed you a smile.

The bell rang above your head as you entered the ice cream parlor.

Daehyun paid as a treat and you two headed off for a stroll.

"So what do you want to do next?" He asked between scoops of ice cream.

"Hey! Let's go visit the other members!" You tugged at his sleeve.

"Nah. Let's leave today for just the two of us." He suggested, smirking a bit.

~

~

"What is it?" You questioned Daehyun. His hands shaded your eyes as he led you from behind. You curiosity floated all over the place.

"Ok. Open your eyes." He pulled his hands away. You realized you were standing outside, in the dark.

The only thing lighting the night was the array of glistening stars, and the single candle standing on your cake. He smiled at you from the behind the small table under the cake.

"Make a wish." He whispered. You squeezed your eyes shut before puckering your lips to blow out the flame. You felt the brush of his lips against yours.

Your eyes shot open in shock. You blew out the candle as your lips parted.

"What did you wish for?" He grinned.

"Nothing, because whatever I wanted just came true." You held his hand in yours. He looked up to meet your face.

"I like you. I always have." He confessed. Your eyes met his. He interlaced his fingers with yours. He waited for a reply. You placed a peck upon his cheek.

"Does that tell you anything?" You leaned your head on his shoulder. He pulled you into his embrace and turned you to look at him. And at that moment you realized it wasn't just the stars that lit up the evening, but also, his smile.

----------

Credits: beyoutifulbap.tumblr.com