When Himchan Teaches You How to Kiss

Imagine 2: Himchan

The school bell had finally rung, signifying the long-awaited end of the school day.

You run out of your classroom and to the main entrance of the school, where you lean against the railing as you wait for your best friend, Himchan, to arrive.

A few minutes later, you see the tall, lanky, handsome figure of your best friend. Himchan grins at you, waving a test paper in front of your face. 92 in math. You roll your eyes.

"Come on Channie, you can do better than a 92", you tease.

Himchan sticks out his tongue. "I'm sure I did better than you, since we both know I'm better at math anyways", he jokes.

The truth is, both of you are pretty much equally bad at math. Whenever either of you actually manage to achieve a good grade in the seemingly impossible class, you show it off to each other in friendly competiveness.

Grinning slyly, you drop your backpack and pull out your exam paper. Himchan stares at it in utter disbelief. 93?! How can this be?!

"Ok, ____. We both know 92 and 93 are the same, right? Aish!" Himchan exclaims, feeling both bemused and frustrated.

You laugh and grab his hand, pulling him to head over to the park the two of you frequent after school.

The park is really beautiful, with flowers popping out from the green, lush grass. The blue sky and fluffy white clouds complete the scene, along with the sound of birds tweeting and kids laughing. You walk next to Himchan, swinging your arms in the light breeze.

The two of you spot a couple standing in the grass, holding hands and kissing.

Suddenly, Himchan turns to look at you and asks, "____, have you ever kissed anyone?"

Alarmed, you look over at him before quickly averting your eyes. You can feel the blood rushing into your cheeks and your entire body feels awkward all of a sudden.

The truth is, you've liked Himchan since a few years back. More like you've loved him. Himchan is the one you know best, and you're the one he knows almost everything about. Whenever you feel upset, he is the only one who sits down just to listen to you. He'll listen to everything you have to say first before offering his words of comfort. You two can talk about pretty much anything and trust each other more than anyone else.

What's more, Himchan grew super handsome and became funnier each year. You simply love him. Which is why his question made you feel so awkward.

"Uhm, no", you stammer.

"Aigoo, does this mean you don't know how to kiss?", Himchan teases.

"Kim Himchan, what's that supposed to mean?! How would I know how to kiss? It's not like I have a teacher or anything." you ramble, not even sure of what you're saying at this point.

"I can teach you."

"What?" you exclaim, feeling your head grow light. Is he suggesting what you think he is? Himchan pulls you over to the side of the path so that you two are lightly shaded by a tree. Bright sunlight filters through some of the leaves, creating dancing sunspots on the ground.

"See, what you do first is you grab their hand like this." Himchan says. You detect the edge of nervousness in his voice. It's easy for you to do after knowing him for so many years. You place both of your hands in his. His hands are soft.

"Then, you lean over a little bit."

Himchan draws closer and you feel so light-headed you worry you might pass out.

Himchan tilts his head slightly. You feel his breath fan against your lips, tickling them, before his warm lips press lightly but sweetly against yours. You two stay like that for a while. He draws away slowly.

"Like that." Himchan states. He looks at your expression, and you stare back at him. You don't even know what to do or say.

Himchan grows embarrassed all of a sudden.

"Aish, don't stare at the person afterwards. Got it? It's weird."

"Himchan."

"What?"

"What am I supposed to do now? You're my teacher, aren't you? So you're supposed to teach me what to say after the person kisses you." You feel brave suddenly, brave enough to tease him.

"Well, I don't know. You're supposed to practice now, arasso? Let's go." Himchan tries to dismiss the situation and starts walking ahead. The tinge of pink in his cheeks is lovely.

You catch up to him and grab his hand in yours. You spin him around to face you before grabbing his other hand. Himchan's eyes widen in shock. You tilt your head slightly as you stand on your toes and lean towards him. Before you lose your balance, Himchan places his hands on your waist to hold you close. Your lips meet perfectly. You break apart and look up to smile at him.

"Himchan, I like you. I've liked you for a while, but I didn't tell you because I was afraid it'd ruin our friendship. However, after what you did this afternoon, I decided that it's now or never for me to confess. Umm..." you break off, unsure of what to say.

Himchan smiles so broadly.

"Chincha? I like you too, ____!" Scratching the back of his neck, he adds, "I sorta used teaching you how to kiss as an excuse to get to kiss you...."

You laugh happily. Himchan pouts. "Aish, don't laugh at me! You're glad I did it right? Admit it, you enjoyed it!"

Still giggling, you say shyly, "Yes, I did enjoy it."

Himchan smiles before capturing your lips again. You feel him smile into the kiss. After breaking apart, the two of you entwine your hands and continue walking in the park.

"So, you're my girlfriend now, right, ____?"

"I don't know, Himchan. I'd still like to hear your ask me properly", you tease.

"Fine. ____, will you be my girlfriend? I've liked you for a long time now, and it's only been you for me. Will you let me be the only one for you too?"

"Babo, you're already the only one for me and you'll always be. Argh this is so cheesy!" you giggle.

Himchan laughs and squeezes your hand. "Thank you for accepting me, ____."

"Anything for you", you reply. 

----------

Credits to: h1mch2ns.tumblr.com