The Ugly Rich Girl - chapter 27

============================

The Ugly Rich Girl chapter twenty-seven

Lost Greetings and Strange Guests

____________________________

"Hello?" I called out into the seemingly empty house. I pocketed my keys and I curled my fingers around my luggage. After waving a thanks to the taxi driver, I closed the door and started carrying my luggage through the hallway. 

"Mom, dad?" I asked. No one answered back, but then I heard footsteps. 

"Florence?" 

My mother appeared at the top of the staircase. 

"Hey, honey!" she said, and walked down the stairs to hug me. Her baby bump was growing larger, and was visible under her loose blouse. Her arms wrapped around me, and I suddenly realized how much I missed her. "I missed you, sweetheart." 

"Me too," I reply. 

"Why are you coming in so early from South Carolina? I thought your flight was scheduled for the 25th?" 

"Yeah, but I figured I could get my school stuff together. The open house is on the 21st." 

"Two weeks early? That's more than enough time to get all of your school stuff together," she said, and let go of me. "Is this about Chance?" 

My heart nearly skipped a beat with the mention of his name, and the stillness of my body gave it away.

"Oh, honey." Her arms engulfed me again and I tried not to cry as she ran her fingers through my hair. It calmed me. "I can call him for you, if you think he'd be up." 

"No, no don't call him," I quickly told her. It was almost ten, but I didn't want her to talk to him. "I'm calling him after my nap." 

"How early was your flight?" 

"Six."

She kissed me on the head, and then smiled. 

"Your father and I have to make a quick trip out to Seattle for a meeting at two. We tried to get an earlier flight, but they were all booked. I'm glad they were. We'll be back in three days, and you can call someone to cook or clean if you need to." 

"Alright," I said, and smiled back at her. 

I carried my luggage up to my room and closed the door. It felt so nice to be alone and in my own safe place again. After closing the curtains, I laid down on my bed, curled up in the sheets, and quickly fell asleep. 

I was pulled out of my sleep by a bright light in my eyes. I rubbed them before opening them, and then realized my curtains were open. Hadn't I closed them before falling asleep? 

The clock read three, and I knew that my parents had already left for their flight to Seattle. 

"Who's there?" I called out. Maybe my mother had sent for someone to wake me. 

A low chuckle erupted from the closet. I smiled, and then kicked the covers off my body. Before I reached the door, I said, "Why don't you come out of the closet?" 

He laughed at my play on words, and then I opened the door. It was dark in there, and my fingers reached for the light switch. But before I could flick it on, he tackled me. 

I hit the ground with a soft thud - thankfully landing on my plush rug. 

Chance was hovering over me, his face only inches from mine. 

"Hey," I said. 

"Hey." He smiled. "You came back early."

"Yeah." 

I was so lost in his bright blue eyes for a moment that I almost forgot to breathe. His hair was so messy, but not quite long enough to reach his ears. 

"You got tan," he commented. I smirked.

"You got hot."

His lips crashed onto mine, and my heart skipped a beat before pounding harder. I could feel the rush of heat and electricity flowing through my body, and I loved it. 

My eyes were still closed when his soft lips pulled away. 

"Why don't we watch a movie or something? he asked. My eyes opened. 

"Or we could just lay here all day and make out," I said. He laughed, and my heart fluttered. 

"Or we could sit and watch a movie and make out," he said. 

"Leave out the movie part and we have a deal." 

"We can't just make out all day, Flo," he said with a smile. 

"Sure we can." 

And we did. 

We made out in every room in the house, including my parent's. I knocked over a lamp while getting off the couch in the living room, but I laughed it off. The best place we made out in was in the hall closet. It was so dark and cramped in there with all of our shoes and coats, and I had to sit on Chance's lap. We made out in the kitchen while making food, and made out on the dining room table after eating. 

I woke up the next morning in my bed wrapped in Chance's arms. 

"Ugh," I moaned. 

"Hmm?" 

"My lips hurt." He laughed, and kissed my neck lightly. I almost let out a gasp from the feeling of his warm lips against my neck, but instead smiled. 

About a minute passed, and I turned my body over to face him. His fingers brushed away a piece of fallen hair in my face. 

"I really missed you," he whispered. 

"I really missed you too," I said, my throat feeling tighter. 

"I'm not letting you leave me again," he told me. "Not like you did." 

I smiled, and then curled up into him. 

"I love you," I whispered. 

"I love you too," he said, lips brushing against my ear. 

____________________________________

yeah i know that was super extremely short, but it's just a filler chapter. the next will be longer, and no doubt better. i felt like i had to update though, cause i havent since january. 

vote, comment, fan

♥ becca