The Ugly Rich Girl - chapter 24

=============================

The Ugly Rich Girl chapter twenty-four

Ticking bombs always blow.

______________________________

Chance was pretty pissed off. I didnt question him, but it was awkwardly silent around us. I could hear him breathing hard only feet away from me, and I could still hear Alyssa's muffled sobbing. I continued driving without opening my mouth. I forced myself to remember the way back from the way I had taken, and my photographic memory finally kicked in.

As I pulled into the driveway, Alyssa instantly jumped out and ran inside. I turned the car off and looked at Chance.

"What happened?" I asked softly.

"He drugged her."

"What?!"

"Steven drugged her, and I think I broke his jaw." He nervously rubbed his fist, which was bright red and close to bleeding.

"How many times did you hit him?"

"A couple." He couldn't look me in the eye, and spoke only monotone. I took his hand in mine, and inspected it.

"You should get some ice." I suggested. His eyes darted to mine, and chills ran up my spine as he glared at me through his ice cold blue eyes.

"I don't need ice." He hissed. I dropped his hand.

"Fine then. Don't get ice." I growled, matching his tone. I took the keys out of the ignition, got out of the car, and headed towards the house.

"Hey! Don't act like that!" He yelled after me, hopping out of the car and walking to me. I turned around to face him.

"Don't act like what? You're the one who's getting pissed at me because some dick screwed over your sister! I didn't do anything, yet you keep yelling at me like I had something to do with all of this!" I shouted back, straight into his face. He didn't answer, but still held that look of anger on his face. I opened the door, walked in, and slammed it cold hard in his face.

The house was dead empty, except for Alyssa downstairs in the living room. I heard the tv on, and looked at a note on the table.

Went to visit Chloe. Be back in a few hours.

xx

It was written in cursive with a pen by Chance's mother. Neat, and medium sized with the letters all connected. I could only assume that his dad went with too, because we were the only ones in the house.

The door opened behind me, and I didn't wait to see Chance before promptly walking up the stairs and closing the bedroom door. He had absolutely no right to go off on me like he did. Sure, he was pissed about the whole Steven thing, but that didn't mean that he should have taken it out on me. I understood why he was mad, it just was pointless to make himself more worked up by whining about it rather than letting it go.

I heard footsteps on the stairs and I calmed my breathing down before sitting on the bed right as the door opened.

"Look, I'm sorry." Chance said, and looked at me sympatheticly.

"No, you're not." I answered back.

"I'm going through a lot of crap right now, and it would be kind of helpful if you could be an awesome, supportive-"

"Excuse you?" I asked, my tone turning deadly. He noticed it. His words made my blood boil. How dare he accuse me of not being supportive? "I have been nothing but supportive! You think that I don't know what you're going through, but I do! I watched my grandpa crumble to pieces after my grandma died from lung cancer! She never smoked a goddamn day in her life, do you know what that did to all of us?!" He stopped moving, and I could feel the tears threatening to spill over. "You're not the only one who's ever had to lose someone you love!" He made me angry, and it was definitly showing. "You're acting like no one cares what you're going through! Like no one knows! But I do! My grandma died not even two months after she was diagnosed! No one knew when she was gonna die, we didnt see her until her funeral." My voice choked off at the end.

In no way was I trying to advert the conversation, and get his sympathy about my dead grandparents. I was trying to get him to see that we did, infact, all go through crap, pain, and misery and felt like we were all alone. He obviously didn't see it, and didn't even say a word.

I swallowed and regained my composure.

"You barely want to look at me anymore much less talk to me, and you assume that I'm not trying to support you- but I am!"

He didn't answer back.

"All of this is just fucked up." I hissed. "All this bullshit doesn't make any sense." The books and movies never told you how to deal with this kind of love, did they? The never said what to do when both of you were falling apart and ruining each other. I wanted a love like in the movies and in the books, but there's always something standing in the way, isnt there?

I couldn't stop the tears as they poured down my eyes. Dripping on my face, the tears fell to my mouth and I tasted the saltiness resting on my lips.

"I don't understand." He said, eyes glimmering. I pretended to ignore it, and bit my lip trying to force the words back into myself. I couldn't.

"This is too.. Too cliché!" More tears. "Our love is too perfect, it's too easy. It shouldn't be like the movies and that's what it was like, but now it's just turned around! We're fighting, and I don't want to fight. I just really can't deal with this, Chance. I know you've been through hell and back this week, but that's no reason to push me away and pretend like I don't care, because I do." Sobbing. "I do care, and you look at me like I'm not the same girl you met three months ago! You look at me like I don't care what is going on, that I won't listen to you, and you can't deny it." My sobs turned off my voice, and my throat felt tight. I felt arms wrap around me.

"I'm sorry. I'm really sorry." Said Chance into my ear, a hoarse whisper.

I pulled back, and looked up at him. He held his hand on my cheek and was stroking it with his thumb. Little tiny shock waves were being sent through my body, and that made me want to cry even more. I couldn't deal with any of this right now.

"I don't think I can do this anymore." I admitted in a mumble, and tried to take it back the second it came out of my mouth. The look on his face wasn't even describe-able. He looked so pained and scared, and I saw the tears roll down his face. Oh God. What did I do?! Did he really think I wanted to break up with him?!

"I'm sorry- nono!" I started rushing. "I didn't mean it like that- please I swear." I threw myself into his arms and sobbed even harder. "I didn't- I didnt.." His hands were tight around my head, holding me close to him. My throat started making muffled choking noises.

"I just need some time." I said after calming myself down for awhile. "I can't sit here worrying about us, and you have to worry about all of this too." He nodded, and wiped my face clean of tears. I did the same to his eyes.

"Yeah, I think that would be best." His voice sounded hollow, but the truth was lined with his words. I didn't want to admit it, but a break was the best for the both of us. We couldn't be there, strong for eachother. I wasn't that ready for coping with that pain of being there for someone else because I wasn't strong enough for him. He held us both together, but now we were both broken.

______________________________

rifhnerifgbrgbqeruiofgbqer

omg please dont hate me..

next chapter will be split into Chance/Flo P.O.V.

this is, btw, the second to last chapter.

next chapter is the last one, then i'll put a sequel up :)

HELP ME WITH TITLE NAMES FOR THE SEQUEL PLEASEEEE

yourdesperatesmartaleck,

becccoo