The Ugly Rich Girl - chapter 16

=============================

The Ugly Rich Girl chapter sixteen

The Sister.

______________________________

My body froze as her words dug in. She was pregnant, and no one had noticed. My father was completely unaware of the situation, and I concluded that I was the only one who knew.

"How.." I began, practically unable to speak.

"It's a long story, actually. But I'm telling your father when he gets home from work, so you don't need to worry." I didn't look like the worried one, though. Her face was ghostly white.

"When did you find out?" I simply asked.

"A week or so ago. I was feeling ill so I checked in with the doctor."

"So what you're saying is, I'm going to have a baby brother or sister?" My hands were shaking.

"Yes. Now you need to help me with name ideas. I was thinking Genevieve but-"

"Mom, I'm not having a sister named Genevieve. That name sounds ancient." I argued. "And what if its a boy?"

"Then Augustus, or-"

"I like Adrian, or Nolan. Those are cute." I cut her off again. I thought about this whole crazy situation. We were casually talking. My mother and I, just normal speaking. What was wrong with this world?

"Nolan. I like that. So how have things between you and Chance been lately?" I was puzzled by her words.

"Um, since when has that ever crossed your mind?" I wondered out loud. Moment ruined. I stared down at my hands.

"Well, I just thought we could get closer. We have some catching up together to do." Yeah, seventeen years of it. "I've never had any time to spend with you." I looked up at her, and her eyes made her words seem sincere.

"Everything's great between us. I was just over there and his dad made us spaghetti. It was fun."

"So did you meet his sisters and brother?" She asked.

"Sisters? What do you mean, sisters? He only has an older sister.." I said.

"No, at the dinner awhile ago, he said that he had an older and a younger sister." My mother persisted.

"Then what.." I mumbled, unable to finish the sentence. I stood up from my place next to her on the couch, and took my phone out of my pocket. "I'll talk to you later." I made out through a jumble of feelings and walked out the door and to my bedroom. I closed the door and sat on the bed, dialing Chance's number.

"Hey." Chance answered after the first ring.

"Why did you tell my parents you had a younger sister at the dinner like a month ago, but I never met a younger sister?" I could feel him tense up across the line.

"Um, she doesn't actually live at my dads. She lives with my mom in Cali, speaking of which, I have a question for you." He barely answered.

"Yeah, what is it?"

"My mom sent three tickets to us for two weeks in Cali, but Mark's signed up for camp both of the weekends, and there's an extra ticket. Do you want to go with me and Alyssa to Cali?" I thought for a moment.

"I would love to, but your sister doesn't like me." He laughed.

"Of course she does, she's just moody. She acts like she's on her period twenty-four seven." Damn, that would be so annoying.

"Ha, I love how you think that's something to joke about. You just better be lucky you never get your period." He chuckled.

"So why did your mom want you home?" He asked. I almost had forgot about that.

"Well, I don't think she'd mind me telling you, but she's pregnant." There was an awkward pause across the line.

"Are you serious?"

"Dead serious." I answered. I laid down across my bed and rested my head on my pillows. "You really think I'd joke about something like that?"

"No, it's just weird." I let out a breath.

"I know. Especially when she wants to name the baby girl Genevieve." His melodic laugh turned on over the phone again, and it made me smile.

"What if its a boy?"

"That's what I said. She said Augustus. I said Adrian or Nolan, and she agreed with Nolan. I think it's cute."

"Me too. Well I have to go, Mark wants help with his Legos before he goes to bed."

"Alright, see you tomorrow. Don't forget Caribou." I reminded him.

"Love you."

"Love you too." I replied.

"Love you more."

"That's not possible." I made a kissy noise into the phone, and he did the same.

"Bye."

"Bye." I repeated, and clicked end.

I was still annoyed about the whole younger-sister thing. There was obviously some reason that she had stayed in California. I wanted to know. Chance was keeping something from me, but I knew I would find out as soon as I stepped off that plane in Cali.

______________________________

Both of my pinkie fingers are completely asleep.

I don't think that's a good thing.

& sorry for a short chapter, but I've been busy.

Omg junior, SHUDDUP.

What, are you running a marathon or something?!

Whatever.

Yourrestlesssmartaleck,

Becca <3