The Rally

A/n: this will be back in the normal Ryan Pov, NOT the Out-Of-Body pov

~Ryan's pov~

After going into sudden darkness and realizing I wasn't ready for death, I figured out I was back in my body. I slowly opened my eyes to see my mother right beside me. And to my surprise I wasn't tired. I felt great. I went to sit up but my body didn't move just my head a little. What, oh right I'm paralyzed. "Could some move my bed up, so I can sit up to see y'all?" I asked. "Of course sweetheart, where's the remote thingy?" My mother asked as she looked around the bed for it. "Oh here it is." She said and I began to slowly sit up with the bed. "That's good." I said smiling. Although I felt perfectly fine, I knew deep down this was too good to be true. I was just Rallying before death, but I'm not going to think about that. 

It was time to for me to say goodbye. I didn't want May to cry anymore so I wanted to make sure her's wasn't nt sad. "Hey May, come here." And she walked over closer to me and my parents stepped back some. "Hey RyeBread," hearing her use my nick name was really sweet and it brought a smile to my face, "you know this wouldn't of happened if I was there because I always look before crossing the street." She said as an atemt of a joke. I chuckled a little. "You know you're probably right. I need to tell you something ok?" I said getting a little bit serious. She leaned in some. "If you're going to say you're dying, I know." She said looking down. "That's not what I was going to say but, yea I am. I was going to tell you that I love May, and that some day, when you're much older, a man is also going to love you. I need you to make sure he knows that if he hurts them I'll come back and haunt the butt." I said and she started laughing. "Wait. What do you mean when I'm much older?" She asked and stopped laughing. "You're not allowed to date till you're 40 at least. And to make sure you don't I'll come back as a ghost and mess with you and any guy you try to date. You got me?" She giggled and nodded he head. "Now come give me a hug." And she climbed up on to the bed and hugged me around the neck to make sure I could feel it. "I love you, Ryan." "I love you too, May."

Then I asked for my mother and as she walked up she wiped away a few tears that slipped. "Mom, I'm not good at this, saying good bye." I said and looked down. "It's ok honey, you don't need to say anything, just know that I love you so much and that it's ok." She said. "Can I ask you something?" I said, she looked at me confused but then nodded saying, "Sure. You can ask me anything." Ok here goes nothing, "Next to Cj, there's an empty plot. It was where I would sit and talk to her. I want to buried there. Please I want to be right next to her." I said and I started to tear up a little. "Don't cry honey. We already knew about that plot. We already reserved it for you. Don't worry everything is taken care of. And we know you don't want to blame the driver, and we're not but we're not blaming you either." She said wiping tears off my cheek. I nodded. We stood and sat in silence for a few seconds. "I love you mom." I said and she hugged me just as May did. "I love you too baby." Then she walked off and sent my dad to me.

He walked in with the same cold look he always had. "Look dad, I know you're disappointed in me. I know you think I'm stupid for wearing all black at night and not looking before crossing the street. But if you're coming in here to tell me that then just leave." As I went on I ended up yelling, I didn't know where all this anger was coming from. "You're right son, I am disappointed, but not with you, but with myself." I looked at him confused. "I haven't been the caring father I should of been, I was always though on you. I should of backed off a little and let you be a kid every now and then, but now your childhood is being taken away completely. I'm sorry son." He said and he began to cry, I've never seen my dad cry. "It's ok dad, I forgive you." He looked up at me and smiled but continued to cry a little. "Now quit crying, it's not the manly thing to do." I said jokeingly and he even laughed a little. "Dad, I'm scared to leave y'all." I said suddenly. He just nodded. "I know son, just know that I love you so much." I nodded "I love you too dad." Then I was hit with a wave of tiredness and my eyes started to close but I fought to keep them open, my dad must of saw this. He pushed the call button for the doctors to come then leaned down, kissed my forehead and whispered "It's ok. Go." So I listened to him and allowed my eyes to shut. I allowed my self to die.