The Big Day :Part 1

The next morning the nurse came in to get me ready for surgery. She came in to wake me up but was struggling, I was a very heavy sleeper and it took a lot to wake me up. "Would you like some help?" Ryan asked the nurse. She let out a sigh of defeat and said " Yes, I would love some help, this girl is one heavy sleeper." Ryan laughed as he stood up and walked over to me. He first gently nudged me and whispered "Hey love, you need to get the nurse is here." To which I responded with letting out a gruff sigh and rolled over to put my back to him. "Ok I tried to this the nice way but," he said as he reached over to grab a pice of ice out of his cup of water, "just know you asked for this." He reached over pulled back the back of my shirt and dropped the ice cube down my back. I sprung up trying to get it out of shirt as the nurse, Ryan and my mom broke into laughter. "Hey! What the frick? Why'd you do that for?" I said looking directly at Ryan. "What?" He said finally getting control of his laughter "it was time to wake up." "Fine." I huffed. Then I looked over at the cot where my mom should of been sleeping. A puzzled look came over my face "Where-" "She went to get your dad, she'll be back after your surgery." Ryan irrupted. "Oh." I shrugged. I looked at my nurse "So what do I need to do right now?" I ask. "Well not much at the moment, just stay awake, don't eat or drink anything except ice chips. Your surgery is at 8:15 so I'll be back 7:45 to get you preped and ready. It won't take long you'll be out by noon." She said before living me and Ryan in aquward silence.

After sitting silently for about a minute Ryan spoke up "So we have about 40 minutes till you have to go that's enough time time to watch at least two conspiracy theory videos. Want me to get it pulled up?" Asked while grabbing my laptop out of my bag. I shook my head yes "But....." I siad in a scratchy, horse voice and my hand shot to my neck to rub where it hurt. "You ok, sweetheart?" He asked. I nodded and blushed, he hardly called by pet names and if he did they were insulting ones. It was so obvious that we liked each other but we would never say it. He had gotten the video pulled up and was setting the laptop on the tray by the bed. He motioned for me to scoot over and I did, as he climbed onto the bed he pulled the tray over to where it was  in front of us over our legs. "So, sweetheart is that my new name?" I asked teasing him. He blushed "Man, I knew as soon as I said that you would say something. But it was an  accident, I swear." He said blushing even more. I sighed "Oh, well that's a shame I kinda liked it." I said pretending to be hurt. He laughed "You are too much some times. But you really do like me calling you sweetheart?" I shook my head yes, and then did something I thought I would never have the courage to do. I leaned over and kissed his cheek. He sat their in shock as I played if off casually by scrolling through the page before selecting a video of the theory of aliens. "I don't want to watch anything scary of freaky so I won't have nightmares while I'm in surgery ok?" I asked look omg at over at Ryan still in shock. I tugged his arm a little "Oh, um, yea that's fine." 

Two videos later my nurse came back. "You ready?" She asked very bubbly. "Yup" I said as me and Ryan both got out of the bed. I walked over to the nurse and she motioned for to sit in the wheelchair she had with her I sat down and waved at Ryan. As the nurse rolled me I glanced back over at Ryan, I could tell he was about to cry. "Stop." I said to the nurse. I motioned for Ryan to come over to me as he did tears started falling down his face, he crouched beside the wheelchair. "Why ya crying?" Asked taking his hand in mine, rubbing my thumb across his knuckles. "I'm just worried." He said, his voice shaking a little. "Why? You're not the one about to get sliced open, remember? And besides I'm going to be fine, right that's what you told me when I was worried about going to the doctors?" I tried to sound funny and happy. Ryan nodded "You're right." He said before standing up and kissing me on the forehead, which got an "aw" from the nurse. He looked up at her smiling and blushing a bit "What she's my bes-" he got himself before saying best friend "girlfriend, she's my girlfriend." He looked back down at me as if to get my approval on what he just I just nodded. Then the nurse rolled me out of the room and on to elevator. As the doors closed me and Rayn smiled and waved until they shut completely.