Planing

Ryan's pov (small time skip from the last chapter)

All day at school I could only think of one thing: Homecoming. I wanted to ask Cj of  course, but I wasn't sure if she'd be up to it, chemo was really getting to her. It was hard to see her always tired and she always seemed a little sick, but she was always smiling no matter how bad she felt. I wasn't sure what to do so I thought it would be best to talk to one of our close friends about it, she's actually also on the homecoming planing group. I met up with her after school. 

"Hey Ryan, what did you need to talk to me about?" She asked walking up to me. "Hi, Sarah. I wanted to ask you what you thought about me asking Cj to homecoming." I asked smiling. "Well, the other day at our meeting we were making a list of who will not be able to attend and she is actually not able to come." She said looking very ashamed. "What why?" I was clearly very confused about why she would be allowed to come. "Well, it's not really her fault but they said because she hasn't been at school and had to drop all her electives and she is super behind on her school work that it makes her ineligible to come to the dance. I tried to fight for her saying that it's not her fault she had to do all bat but hey didn't care, I'm really sorry." She explained looking down at her feet. "It's ok, at least you tried." I said turning to walk away. "Wait!" She yelled and I turned back around. "I just had the best idea. I'm quitting the planing group tomorrow, and I'm going to start planning a small party for all of Cj's friends. We're going to make her own homecoming." She said getting super excited. "Um...... well that's a thought." I said. "I'm serious. It's going to be way better than the schools dance. We can invite all of her friends, it's going to be amazing! Ok I got to go and start planing, I'll see you later." And just like that she ran off. "I'll call you later to discuss details!" I yelled at her and she held up a thumbs up.

After I talked to Sarah we had all the details planed out, and we went a head and invited anyone we could think of. Everything was set all her friends were coming, it was going to be at my house in the backyard, everything was going to be decorated, our mom's were going to take care of the food, everything was going to be perfect. The only thing was she would have no idea, she thinks that we're just going to hang out, but really she's going to come over and everything will be set up while she gets ready with he help of my aunt. Her mom was going to do some snooping and secretly order her a dress to wear, I can't wait, she's going to love it.

Right now I'm heading over to Cj's house to break the "bad" news about her not being able to go to homecoming. When I got to her house she was laying on her bed with her eyes shut, so I just decided to chill in the living room until she woke up. While I was waiting I filled her mom in on all the details for her party, she seemed really happy about everything and she agreeded to help find a dress Cj would like. After about 10 minutes we heard coughing wich meant cj was awake. I walked up to her room and knocked. "Come in" I head a hoarse voice say. I walked in and sat at the foot of her bed. "Hi, did you find out any thing about homecoming today?" She asked really excitedly, this was going to break her heart. "Well yea I did. Turns out that you can't go because you're too far behind on school work. I'm sorry love." I said looking down at my hands. "Oh," was all she said before tears started falling from her eyes. I got up and hugged her tightly, but not too tightly she was still very fragile. "Ssshhhh" I tried soothing her. "I know this sucks. But if it makes you feel any better my mom helped me plan a little date for just the two of us that night." I say wanting to tell her everything that was actually planned but I didn't. "Really?" She said pulling away from the hug and I nodded. "You're the sweetest." She said hugging me again. I kissed the top of her head. 

This was going to be one of the best "dates" ever.