Reunion

About a week and a half after my surgery I was set to go home, my stitches were already taken out but it was still next to impossible for me to talk. Communication with me was basically some else doing al he talking and me either nodding my head yes or no, me replying with my hand gestures or using a not pad to write down what I want to say. It was hard especially on Ryan and my mom they have both always told that I had a beautiful voice and they hated not being able to hear it. 

I was in my hospital room getting my last few things together to leave. My mom had go to finish up that last little bit of paper work, and that's when my doctor came in to make sure my new "best friend" was ready to go. This "best friend" is my new oxygen tank, the doctors said I would need it for at least 3 months just to make sure I will recover completely and be able to breathe without any complications. It was the most annoying and bulkiest thing I've ever had to carry around. Before I left my nurse came to remind me that chemo would start the next week. I just nodded as I lugged my tank to my mom's truck. Why couldn't she have taken the shorter car? I placed the tank on the floor board of the front seat. It was hard to get it up there  because it was heavy but somehow I got it.

On the way home we stopped to grab dinner and Ryan, since we hadn't seen each other in a few days. When we got home I got out of the car with my tank and went to grab my bag, but Ryan stopped me. "Here let me get your bag, you just worry about getting your air tank inside." He said as he reached for my bag. "No!" I yelled. We were both shocked at my sudden burst of voice. "I'm not broken I get it......... please don't treat me as if I'm broken." I said in between spikes of pain. That's the most I've said at once since before my surgery. Ryan just nodded and smiled "Ok, if you say so. And I promise I won't treat you like your broken as long as you don't over do anything and ask for help when you need it. Deal?" He said looking me directly in the eyes. I nodded. 

Once we got inside I said said hi to my brother and dad then me and Ryan went to my room to hang out while my mom made dinner. When we hang out we usually don't talk which is perfect for right now. We usually will just blare music, or watch YouTube or movies together. "So what do you want to do?" Ryan asked as he flopped down laying on my bad I didn't say anything just glared at his feet, he knew I hated when people don't take their shoes off before getting on my bed. "Wha-......oh" he said as he sat up and slipped his Vans off. I hum in delight indicating that I was pleased. "Ok, so do you want to watch a movie?" He asked laying back on my bed. I nodded my head yes and went to my shelf, I grabbed a few of my favorites, Captain America, Gardians Of The Galaxy and Titanic. I placed on the bed by Ryan and shrugged my arms up indicating to him to pick one. As he looked at my selection he laughed "You a a very ranging taste in movies you know that?" He asked glancing up at me, I just smiled and blushed. "Well we watch these two all the time, why don't we watch Titanic this time?" He asked smiling up to me. I clapped my hands, he knew it was my favorite movie ever.

 I walked over to my DVD player that was not the other side of the room as I did I didn't realize I forgot to grab my tank. As I took one last step my noes tube came out of nose and some how smacked me in the forehead. I fell to the ground, that's what I always do when something scares or startles me. Next thing I knew Ryan was laughing uncontrollably. I was smiling, it hurt to much to laugh but if I could I would be. As we were there smiling and laughing I realized I couldn't breathe, literally. I sat there trying to suck in air, but it was no use I could breathe. Ryan saw me trying to breathe and immediately realized what was happening. He grab my air tank pulled it over and help me get the tubes back in my nostrils. 

After a few breaths I looked at Ryan. He was trying so hard not to laugh, "Wow! You blondeness atually almost killed you!" He said busting into yet another fit of laughter. I just sat back crisscross applesauce, crossed my arms of my chest and pouted like a three year old. This just caused him to laugh more. "Are you sure you're about to be 15?" He asked still laughing. I shook my head and managed to  croak out "Yea, I'm sure." I tried to say it as sassy as I could  it that didn't happen it just sounded like I had spent too long screaming at a concert. Ryan just laughed again. I playfully slapped his arm. Then my mom walked in "Two things one dinner is ready and two what is so funny up here?" She asked standing in the doorway. Ryan stood up then held his hand out to help me up and said, "Cj's 'new best friend' nearly just killed her." He said trying to hold back laughter. My mom's eyes widened. "I'll explain." Ryan said as we walked to the dinning room. 

As we sat and ate dinner Ryan did his best to tell my family how I almost died to my 'new best friend' but he saved my life. I just rolled my eyes as he showed off. "Hey I saw that!" He said pointing his fork at me. I flung a green bean across the table at him which earned me a glare from my mom and dish washing duty. I was ok with it though because Ryan helps me. 

As we finished washing the plates we went to the living room and sat on the couch. Then he turned to me and asked "So why do y'all call it your 'best friend'?" I motioned to a pen and pad of paper sitting on the coffee table. He handed them to me and I wrote "IDK that's what the Doctors were calling it and it stuck" I flipped the note pad around and showed him "oh" he said "And you have  terrible hand writing." I just rolled my eyes. I find my self doing that a lot when I talk to him. "You're not going to let this new best friend replace me, right?" He said smirking. I scooted closer to him and wispered "Never." And kissed him on the cheek.