The Night Before

My  surgery was scheduled for April, 24th, tomorrow at Texas Children's Hospital in Houston, Texas. It was pretty nice to have the hospital close to our house, about two hours, because that meant that once I start chemo my family and Ryan don't have to drive too far to visit me. 

Since my surgery was in the morning, they wanted me to be checked in the night before. Me and my mom were driving to Houston right now but first we had to stop by Ryan's house to pick him up. His mom and dad agreed to let him miss school the next day to stay with me before and after my surgery. Me and Ryan sat in the backseat of the truck watching Shane Dawson videos on YouTube on my laptop. 

About halfway through our 4th or 5th video we pulled up to the hospital. We walked in and my mom went to check me in. A few minutes later a nurse came to escort us to my room. The room was on the second floor room 12 which me and Ryan found funny because my two lucky numbers are 2 and 12. When we walked into the room we saw that a cot had been set up for my mom to sleep on and a chair in the corner of the room for Ryan. 

My mom got me situated in the bed then left to fill out some paper work and get her bag out of the car, she asked Ryan to stay with while she was gone. He was helping me get the TV in the room to work so we could watch Friends. After he got it set up, he went to sit in his chair. I kept tossing and turning unable to get comfortable. Ryan looked over and let out a little chuckle before saying, "Don't you want me come lay with you till you fall asleep?" He always seems to know what I need. I shook my head yes. "Ok, scooch." He said smiling as he climbed into the small hospital bed. I shifted over and sat up some so he could situate himself. "Ok you can lay back down" he said. As I laid down I pulled the blanket up to my chin and rested my head on his chest. 

Within no time I was asleep. Only to be woken up a little when my mom came in and I felt Ryan stir from under my head. "I'm sorry ma'am. I didn't mean to fall asleep too." I heard Ryan said in a very sleepy voice. "Quit it. Their is nothing to be sorry for, now go back to sleep before she wakes up too." My mom said. "Ok" Ryan said as he shifted once more. Soon all three of us were asleep.