Chapter 22

Ryan's POV

"How could you?" Jake growls.

"What?" I was baffled.

"How could you do that to Amy?! She just told you about a baby and you blow her off?!" I didn't know what to say after that. He was right, how could I, but I still had no idea what made him act this way. "How would you feel if you were in her shoes?! Would you be okay right now?! Carrying a child for an inconsiderate, narcissistic imbecile! You know what Ryan? I was okay with the sleeping around, and the 'dating multiple girls' thing, but this... This makes you heartless." He slams the door on his way out, and I stand there, astonished. Shortly after recollecting myself, I decide to run after him. I caught up with him outside my house, out of breath.

"You... You are not my father!" My teeth grind, and I hear a growl seep from Jake's throat.

"And thank God for that!" He snarled.

"What's your deal, dude? This has nothing to do with you!"

"It has everything to do with me! Have you even thought about anybody but yourself the past few weeks?!"

"I don't know, have you, Mr. Hotshot?!"

"You don't give a damn about Amy, or Kevin, or anyone!"

"Kevin?! Since when do you give a fuck about Kevin?!" That's who this was about.

"I don't. This isn't about him, but he's your friend, right? His reputation depends on yours!"

"Reputation?! That's what this is about!? I honestly don't care about that! It's childish, and stupid! It's just high school!"

"It's your life Ryan! It's our life!" I just shake my head at him.

"Goodbye, Jake,"

"I'm all you got left. You don't have Amy, you don't have Kevin, and you don't have parents. Now what?!" I keep walking, ignoring the jabs at my life.

Amy's POV

I stared at the ceiling: tears flowing heavily. Allen pops through the door.

"I knew you'd come crawling back to me-," he stops halfway through his sentence. "Amy. What's... Wrong?" My sobbing increases, and I begin to hyperventilate. He comes in for a hug, but I curl into a ball, and tug my body into the corner. "Amy?" I'm cold. My eyes rise to Allen's and another pile of tears form. "Amy! What-,"

"I... I can't be a mom! I'm-I'm sixteen!" His eyes scream help and every muscle in his body stops.

"What? He got you...Ryan's the dad?"

"Yeah. Who else would it be?"

"Does he know?" I nod. "You're gonna be a great mom, and Ryan's gonna be a great dad. It's gonna be fine..." He tries to smile.

"He doesn't want it." My eyes move from the ground to meet his.

"Wait, what?"

Ryan's POV

Today was Monday, and now, I have to face what I had feared the most. I walk through the front door of the school, and everyone's eyes turn to me: I keep walking. As I'm opening my locker, Jake comes up to me with two of my previous teammates. "Well, well, well, look what the cat dragged in."

"The fuck you want?" I growl.

"Excuse me." He gets closer to me, and I huff.

"I don't repeat myself to those who are worthless." Jake's eyebrows move from their angry position, and form into a position that makes him look sad. Out of nowhere, he takes a swing at me, but I am too fast. He falls behind me, and I grab his wrist, slamming it into the locker, and he yelps in pain. I kick him in the chest and he falls to the ground. I jolt back and put my fist up, "you want to go Jake? Let's fucking go...! Get up!"

"Ryan." I hear from behind me. There, Allen stood, hands in a fist. "Can I have a word with you?" I look down at Jake, and turned to follow Allen.

Allen's POV

I was mad. I was mad. I was so mad.

He ruined her! He changed her.

"Wow. Just wow." I had no idea what to say. He's scared of me; I can tell by his eyes. "She's pregnant... Pregnant! Don't you think you can spare some sympathy?!"

"I'm so sorry!" I stare at the ground. He seems truly sorry, but I don't buy it.

"Yeah right. Just stay away from her!"

"No! That's my kid!"

"All of the sudden you care?"

"I've always cared! It's just that..." He looks around for a second, and breathes In deeply. "I love her and I made a mistake!"

"Oh really?"

"Yes!"

"Prove it!" I growl.

"Fine." He walks into the hallway, and climbs to the top of the stairs. "I am in love with Amy Morrison and if anybody has a problem with it, you can come see me!"

The bell rang, and I find my way to first period.

Ryan's POV

All throughout the day, I got pats on the back, and approving looks, the opposite of what I had expected. I decide to skip lunch because I wasn't hungry nor was I in the mood for special treatment. I sat in my car, and as I was preparing to pull off, Kevin knocks on my window. I unlock and he hops in.

"Hey." I say simply.

"Hey!" He's smirking at me like I'm the ice cream truck.

"Aren't you... Mad at me?"

"Why would I be mad at you?"

"Amy... Jake.."

"That's between you and them, but speaking of Amy, here's a message for you." He hands me a crinkled up note. "Sorry. Forgot it was there."

I open it, and in it is: I love you Ryan. Meet me here at 3:00 PM. An address is attached to the letter. Kevin pulls me away from my thoughts. "So. Senior year is almost over! What now?" He was right. Senior year was almost over and I had wasted half of it worried about Amy.