Chapter 2: Mom

• Dedicated to Kit-Kat (Twesties) ♥

Chapter 2: Mom

Amy's POV

Wow. Today has been Hell.

My mom is back. My mom is back.

Nothing else would dare enter my mind. When I saw Mom for the first time in four years, she had been crying. I had called her a cunt and said that I hated her. Right when I saw those tears fall, my heart crushed and fell to the deep pit known as my stomach.

I caused those tears.

My mom walked across to me, arms opened wide.

I stepped back. "Why are you here?" I spat at her as I began to recover. She put her arms down.

"I wanna start over. I did wrong, I know, and I am truly sorry. I'm tryin' to get clean! I am! I really am," Mom said.

"You are...?"

That was all I could really say. After what had seemed like forever, I spoke again. "You know what: I need some time...leave, please..."

I couldn't take it.

Dad walked out slowly and quietly; Allen did the same. Mom was the only person left.

I raised my voice. "I said leave!"

She left. No arguing; nothing. My life is a battlefield, and now I'm at war with myself. In other words, shit just got real.

I stayed in my room for the whole night. It was Tuesday, so usually we would all sit down - Allen, Dad, and I - and watch movies. I wanted to go and watch it with them (if they were even watching a movie) but I decided against it.

Allen's POV

"I said leave!" I heard my sister yell from her room. I was so close to breaking down; I was so close to falling into the cracks of my own egotistical earth.

Mom came out of Amy's room, shutting the door behind her silently. As I was about to say that she just needed time, my mom exclaimed:

"You're gonna at least try to forgive me, right?"

The sparks I saw in her eyes made me feel guilty. "Yes..." I lied smoothly. I was a great liar. In fact, I could lie to Dad right now about little things, and he wouldn't suspect a thing. I was always 'good'.

"Thank you," was all that Mom could let out. Her tone was indescribable; low, but high.

I frowned. Nothing could be done now. All I could do was pray...

My room was smaller than Amy's; her room had enough space for three or four couches and a bed. I wasn't really jealous; I didn't even care.

I decided to play video games - MW3 always got my mind off things. It was exciting to kill people - especially then, because I wanted to hurt Mom physically... but I'm not that dumb, or cruel.

Right when I was about to kill my last victim, my mom walked in. She didn't knock, or anything.

"The door is there for a reason." My lip quivered like it did before I beat the shit out of George Davis in sixth grade. What? He deserved it...

"We need to talk." She sucked in a lung full of air, and exhaled slowly.

"I have nothing more to say to you right now..."

She ignored my reply. "Your dad told me about how you protect Amy..."

For some reason, that made me mad. Really mad.

"Bitch, you bet! I'm just doing what you were supposed to be doing, 'Mom'." I walked out; I had nothing more to say. Nothing.

With that, I went to my bathroom with my head down, and immediately hit the ground. Tears flooded my eyes; I let them fall silently.

After twenty minutes of this, I eventually got up and went outside. My mom was back, and I honestly didn't know how I felt at that point.

Maybe I should give her a second chance.

Looking at the moon, I realized something: some kids my age had never met their mom, and some kids missed their mom. As a matter of fact, my best friend Robert misses his mom dearly. She died from cancer when Robert and I were ten.

Now, I have an opportunity to make a relationship with my mom.

Yes, it'll take time, and yes, it would be a challenge, but some kids would kill to be in my shoes.

======================

Okay Guys, Thanks For Reading! Spread The Word About My Story Please!! (I'll Dedicate The Book To You!) :) ♥ Also, I Still Haven't Found An Editor, Or Someone Who Can Make Me An Official Cover, So If Your Up For The Job, DM @IGotTrustIssues on Twitter, Or Message Me On Here! :D

XOXO,

Emma