Chapter 20

Amy's POV

Pregnant.

I could be pregnant. I take a deep breath and looked into his eyes. I ran to the bathroom and locked the door behind me. I back away from the door slowly, eyes wide. Ryan bangs on the door, "Amy. Did I say something? Look, I'm sorry about Allen. You can tell me about it. I'm not gonna get angry. Me and Allen smashed our beef a long time ago, at the hospital..." He babbled on and on about Allen.

I had no Idea what I was gonna do. I slid to the floor as my hands clasp my face. I could feel the tears rolling down my cheeks. After a while, Ryan stopped banging on the door and I ran out of tears to cry. I could obviously take one of those 'pee on a stick' test, but since Ryan's a dude, he didn't have any. I dig in my pocket and pull out my phone. I open it and the only contacts I had was Ryan, Lewis, Kevin, Allen, and... Amber. I could call Amber. I dialed her number, and after a few rings, she answered. "Hello, Amber here!" She said in the happy tone she always uses.

"Hey." As that slipped from my mouth, my voice is raspy and fragile.

"Amy! Are you okay?" I could hear Lewis in the background.

"Yes. I'm... I'm fine!" I gasp. I heard movement on the other end of the line.

"Okay. I'm alone now! Sup girly?" Even over the phone, it was obvious that she was smiling.

"I... Can you keep a secret?"

"Yeah. I promise!"

"I think I'm pregnant." I almost whisper.

"Pregnant!?" She gasp.

"Shhhhhh!"

"Sorry. Pregnant?" She says in a more quiet voice.

"Yea." I look at the floor and tears form again.

"You're at Ryan's place? I'll be right over." She hung up immediately.

I look around me. Ryan's bathroom isn't small, but it's not huge either. He has little fishes on his shower curtains, and a Star Wars toilet seat cover.

Ryan's POV

I sat on the couch. I pondered the thought of Amy hating me because of my conflict with Allen. But what if that wasn't it. What if there was something else, like Kevin, or my past. Speaking of Kevin, he strolls in with two sandwiches. "One of those for me?"

"Hell no. Mines!" He says, moving the sandwiches away from me. He looks at me hard for a moment. "What's your problem?" His eyes lingered.

I was contemplating rather to tell him or not, and I decided to keep it to myself. "Nothing."

"Oh." He continues eating. He turns on the TV and Bones is on. Amber barges into the house.

"Where's Amy?" She asked. I don't know how, but she said that both sweetly and harshly.

"My room-," before I could specifically tell her where, she jetted upstairs. Weird.

Jake walks in, just as Kevin did, only instead of sandwiches, he had bowls of pasta. I frowned at them. That's when I realized that I hadn't eaten, and neither had Amy. I went to the kitchen and fixed a few bowls of pasta. I glanced up, and there Andy was. He glared at me. "What?! I'm hungry!" I continued what I was doing, and his glare deepened. "What's your deal?"

"You know better." He points at me and I just stare in confusion.

"Are you drunk or something?"

"No. I am completely sober. You know better than to get involved with a girl like Amy." I stop what I'm doing.

"Excuse me?" My eyes are wide.

"I don't like her. A crazy brother and a druggie mother."

"I don't pay you to like people Andy."

"You're right. You mom pays me to look after you." I sigh.

"Ugh. Your her messenger. What'd she say this time?" He smiles.

"She said she loves you and wants what's best for you. Watch that girl. She seems shady."

"Okay, so you told mom about her crazy family, but did you tell her that I love Amy? That she's funny and everything I could ever ask for?"

"Well... No."

"Exactly."

"Well, can I finish?"

"Yeah. Go ahead."

"I personally adore Amy. I disagree with your mom, but she pays me to deliver her messages, and that is what I am doing."

I get the food ready, and takes some to Amy.

Amy's POV

"Amy?!" I hear from the bedroom. I open the door, and when I see amber, I run out of the bathroom. We hug and she closes the bedroom door, locking it. Pulling out a bag from her purse she says, "Here. You know how to do this, right."

"Um...no?"

"Just pee on the damn stick!" She laughs slightly.

I do exactly that. I pee on the stick and leave it on the bathroom counter. I walk back into the room and Amber sits on the bed. She turns to me and pats the spot beside her.

"Now what?" I ask.

"We wait."

That was the longest ten minutes of my life. We had a small conversation that formed into "mhhm's" and nods.

The timer on Amber's phone goes off and we jump. My heart thumps from my chest. What if it's positive? How do I tell Ryan that he's gonna be a father?

*Knock knock*

Me and amber jump, our eyes glued to the door.

"Ames, I brought you some food... Pasta." Me and Amber panic.

"I'll go to the bathroom, and you get him to leave."

Once she's in the other room, I fix myself, unlocking and opening the door.

"Hey." He smirked and handed me a bowl. He sits on his bed and looks up at me. "You not hungry?"

"No. I am." Which I was, "but me and Amber are having a girl crisis."

Amber pops out of the restroom and yelps, "He still hasn't texted me back! Oh my gad! He must hate me!" She had sprinkled water on her face.

"Oh." Ryan's eyes grew wide and he stood. "Um... I'll come back later." He takes one last look at me and exits the room. He shuts the door behind him and Amber goes to lock it.

"Okay. Now, let's see those results." She blows air and walks to the bathroom. I follow after.

"You're great at acting." I observe.

"I know. I wanna be an actress." That didn't surprise me. She was great at acting happy all the time and she's pretty. "I refused to look at it while I was in here because it's your life, not mine." She smirked. I grab the test and my heart rate increases. I cringe, and pick up the test.

"Amber...."