Chapter 8: Meet Kevin

Ryan's POV

It was...

Jake.

I sighed heavily at the sight of him. I, however, didn't sigh too much. Jake's expression showed it all. "We needa talk." Was all he said before marching into the living room. I looked down at Amy who looked frightened.

"Yo man, why you here? Ain't it like 3??" He ignored every word (of those questions).

"You slippin' Homes...why? You need to just stop. Now. I miss you! Man, Kevin's annoy as fuck when it's just us two! You need to simmer down boy." He stared at me hard.

"You ain't my daddy. You're not," I growl as the word 'not' leaves my lips,"gonna tell me what to do! Grow up!" He looked at me with a parched lip. That's when I knew why he was so tense. His dad was no good. I felt bad for him. "Ay, Jake..." I began.

"I don't need any pity." That sounded like Jake. He hated when people felt bad for him.

"You can spend the night here...Amy's brother, Allen, got the blue room...you mind sleepin' in the guest room?" He looked astounded.

"Allen got the blue room?" Damn. I forgot to tell him.

"Yeah. We're stayin' here cuz my folks ain't here..." Amy said from the door. Her eyes were on Jake, giving him an up-down. This made me mad, but I said nothing.

"Oh..?" It seemed more like a question.

Amy ate her sandwich at the table; me and Jake ate in my room instead.

"Ryan, dude, you pullin'?" He said.

"We need to talk about you, not me..." that shut him up. Unlike me, he hated being center of attention.

"So, what happened?" I asked.

"My dad was drunk and mom was at work. He got all irate for no reason" He struggled to continue. "...but I called the cops. He's done. Locked up. He broke his parole, and me and my mom getting a restraining order..." He smiled at this.

"That's great!" I smiled. I was honestly happy for him. His dad came back only a year ago, and had already went back to his old ways. "So...that still don't explain why yo bitch ass here..."

His face went tight and he said "I was getting to that you fucker..." he stated, in a playful tone. "My mom wanted to be alone, and I gave her that. Sides, I needed to talk to you..."

"That's what phones are for dumbass." I Grinned.

The conversation continued this way. Around 5, we finally dosed off. School started around 8:00, so we had a good two and a half hours of sleep. When my eyes opened, Amy stood above me. "Morning. You got 15 minutes. Get dressed." She walked out of the room quickly.

Allen wasn't going, and neither was Jake. Looks like it's just me and Amy. As we walked out of the door, I watched Amy's ass twist from side to side effortlessly. Yum!

As soon as me and Amy got on school property, everyone stared at us. Some girls glared at Amy, and others laughed. Amy wasn't really annoyed, or entertained. She really didn't care.

I, on the other hand, didn't like it. At lunch, I announced to the whole cafeteria "Y'all can just leave lil' miss Morrison alone. Nothing happened." When I was about to jump off, I added "and she ain't pregnant."

She glared at me. I had football practice, so Amy would have to find another way home. She was quiet all day, and that worried me.

"Sup with you Sexy?" I asked.

"How many times I gotta tell you? My named ain't sexy!" She glared at me. Whatever, I didn't really care.

Randy Richards walked up to us both, and handed us some letters and said "be there." Me and Amy opened our invitations in unison.

"A Party?" She Asked.

"Oh fuck yeah! We finna get crunk!!" I screamed, somehow mimicking Amy's accent.

"Yeah, 'crunk'" Amy mumbled.

Amy's POV

A Party? Hmm...

I wasn't really sure if I wanted to go. It seemed fun, but I trusted no one.

I stayed after school to do some studying at the schools library. Ryan had football practice, so I waited on him anyhow.

Ryan's POV

Football practice wasn't really that long. I was the quarterback, so I had to be there. After practice, I was about to ask Kevin for a ride, but I saw that my car was still in the lot. How strange. Oh well. And with that, I drove home.

Amy's POV

Damn. Ryan left me here at the school. I called him from the cellphone he had gotten for me. No answer. I glared at the sky. 'Great, just great,' I thought to myself.

"Amy, right?" Kevin, one of Ryan's 'boys', said from behind me.

"Yeah..."

"Does Ryan know you're here?" Curiosity shimmered through his eyes.

"I'm guessing not. Either that, or he ditched me." I doubted that he would do that though.

"I'll take you to his crib then..." he whispered, walking towards his car. I hesitated. He stopped and looked back at me.

"You comin'?" He asked.

I walked behind him slowly. He was kind enough to open my door for me.

"So, where ya from?" He asked as he backed out of the schools lot.

"Tennessee..."

"Really!?" He almost screamed. His change in tone made me jump. "I'm from Nashville!" He smiled heavily.

"Omg! Really? How cool!" I grinned.

Allen's POV

I decided to ditch school. It wasn't worth my time, well not now at least.

I went into the kitchen and grabbed a soda, and when I turned around, I saw a strange Guy.

"Umm...sorry?"

"Hey. You must be Allen...I'm Jake, Ryan's Friend." He said.

"Oh. I'm Allen. Amy's bro." I wanted dirt on Ryan. Should I ask him? I decided not to.

The time moved quickly. Around 3:00, Ryan came home.

"Sup? Ya good? Andrew off for the night...." he stated.

"I'm good, where's Amy?" I was getting worried.

"I thought she was here already...didn't she drive herself here? Or did she come with a friend?" He seemed to have been thinkin' out loud. Right when Ryan pulled out his phone, Amy popped through the door with Kevin. She smiled like she did when we were young: before drugs became a part of our life's.

I looked over at Ryan who had tears in his eyes...