Chapter 29

Lewis' POV

I told Amy. She needed to know the truth, and deserved to know what Allen had been doing. It would ruin her, but it was for the best.

I was stunned when she already knew, and immediately blamed Ryan.

"Ryan told you!?"

"Ryan knew?"

"Um... he didn't tell you?"

"No..."

"Then how'd you find out!?"

"Allen just got arrested for drug possession."

She hung up in my face; I'm not sure if I deserved that or not. I'm just happy it was the phone being slammed, and not me.

Amy's POV

He had done what he promised not to do. He became the enemy, and I wasn't sure if I could handle it or not. My father had taught us to do well and that meant nothing to him. All that matters is what he can get his hands on. I noticed his difference: his change.

I popped up at the sheriff office around 12:30AM, and stayed in my car until 1:36AM. I stared at the moon, baffled by its presence. I wasn't prepared for this; I wasn't prepared at all. I hopped out of my car and went inside. As I opened the door, I whipped a tear from my eye. That was the only sadness that I shredded. In my eyes, Allen didn't deserve even that tear.

"Hey, I'm here to pick up my brother." I said to the guy up front. He continues looking down at his computer screen and that bothered me. I snapped my finger: still no response. Tapping my foot, I waited for his attention but nothing. Finally, I grabbed his hand and yanked it from the mouse. Looks like I'm going to be joining my brother in jail.

"I'm sorry." I said in a small voice.

"No, I apologize. I completely ignored you. How may I help you?" He stood as he said that and I took a step back. He was almost 6 feet tall, from the looks of it, and had very large muscles. I felt an ache creeping into my stomach and I moved slightly thinking that would help: it didn't. I closed my eyes for a moment, contemplating my options. "My...my brother. I'm here for him..." The guy looked at me like I was getting hit by a bus in slow-motion.

"Are you okay?"

"Yes. Can I just get my brotha!?" My voice was trembling and I'd ignored for the sake of my brother and for the man that stood before me. I kind of guessed that I was green, but I could guarantee that he was greener.

"What's his name?"

"Allen Morrison."

He cut on a microphone and called into it, "Please bring Allen Morrison up front." He swallowed hard, and sighed heavily. After a little paperwork that took about 5 minutes, we made our way to the car, but before we could even make it in, I curled up into a ball on the ground. A sharp, angry pain seeped into my sides and my eyes began to water.

Allen's POV

I really screwed up. Not only had I been doing drugs, but like an idiot, I got caught. Amy wouldn't be happy with me, and that was a given. A guy, with long hair and one of those 'mom' tattoos you'd see in a Spongebob episode, had been eyeing me the whole time. His eyes nearly popped out his skull when I went to sit by him.

"What?" I bellowed. He continued staring at me and I laughed.

"What do you mean what?" He said, and it scared me. His voice was louder, angrier, and more aggressive than I had expected it to be.

"What you staring at?"

"Are you that stupid?"

"I know you're staring at me, but..."

"No. I'm not looking at you."

"You're obviously looking at me!"

"I'm looking at myself when I was your age. How old are you? 16,17,18?"

"17."

"Figures. Don't turn into me. I've been caught with drugs too many times to count. The only thing that I've done that is justifiable is weed. It's fine, but the meth, and acid, and so on. Those are reasonably illegal."- He laughed loudly and shook his head, clapping his hand on his leg-"I've done everything of the best. Only when I'm standing in here, do I realize that the cocaine won't get me a job, and the LSD won't make my life any better."

I look at him for a moment. I would grow my hair out, and get a mom tattoo (obviously replacing the word mom with something cooler like... swag). I nodded to myself; he was future addicted me.

"Just don't turn into me. That's all I ask of you."

"Please bring Allen Morrison up front..." Was announced from the intercom.

"Please." He pleaded as I made my way to the door.

As soon as I saw Amy, I knew something was wrong. I signed some legal papers (informing me of my rights and court date) and the whole time, her eyes were closed. Her skin was a weird shade of grey and her eyebrows pointed down.

"You're free to go..." the guy up front said as he started clicking away at his computer, which he had been doing when I was brought in. He glanced up at Amy, then me, then his computer again.

I saw her fall in almost complete stillness. I froze. My thoughts were racing but the one thing that caught me off guard was the thought of being the burden that caused my sister to fall. I'm not just speaking in regards of her falling physically, but mentally as we'll. Just when things were getting better, I make her fall into another avoidable conflict.

Someone, a cop I would guess, grabs her arm and tries to drag her to the car. The whole time, I'm stuck in a land of oblivion.

Amy's POV

I fell. Allen did nothing to help and I couldn't get up on my own. I just stared at the sky, again looking at the moon that baffled me before now, realizing what was happening. A cop came to give me help that I didn't want.

Me and Ryan would not have a happy ending. We wouldn't be together until we died. And we sure as Hell wouldn't be together after he went away to college. We were done. Not only had I lost my father.

But not even a year later, I had lost my brother, the love of my life, and our baby.

I was having a miscarriage.