Chapter 19:

Amy's POV

I woke up next to Ryan, and we were face to face. Ryan looked so young, and comfortable whilst asleep. I smiled at him and touched my nose to his. His eyes flung open and I jump, falling off the bed.

"You okay?" Ryan says, looking down towards me.

"Yeah." I say getting up.

Our lips meet, and I feel his lips form into a smile. He grips my hand, and I grip his, smiling myself.

Jake walks in carrying Kevin like he's extra baggage. Me and Ryan's lips draw apart, and I look only at Kevin. He stares at me. The only emotion I see is sadness. My stomach starts to bubble, and I begin to feel nauseous, but I ignore it. My eyes move from Kevin to Jake, and I automatically regret it. Ryan, however, just smiles at me. He turns to them and says, "y'all ready?" I'm confused and I just look at him.

"Yeah," Kevin mumbles, moving his hands in a 'come here' motion.

"Okay. Give me five," and with that, they leave. "You mind?" Ryan nudges towards me.

"Huh?"

"I have to get dressed..."

"For what?" I say like an idiot.

"To leave. Duh!" I just left the room. There was no use to fighting or arguing. He'd disobey the doctors order anyway. Outside, Kevin and Jake are talking, but as soon as they see me, there expressions change, and they stop talking.

"What's y'alls problem?"

"You," Jake says in an angry tone.

"I'm sorry." I almost whisper. Jake seems to be taken aback by this and so does Kevin. "I screwed up. I'm really sorry." I have no idea where any of these emotions came from. I had no idea what to feel anymore.

"Oh. Umm...." Jake had no idea what to say, but Kevin did.

"It's fine. We all fuck up," he smiled.

Ryan walks out of his room, smiling at his phone. He begins walking toward us, but before he could get too close, I clasp my hand over my mouth, and jet towards the ladies' room.

I couldn't make it to the toilet, and I end up, vomiting in the garbage.

Ryan's POV

Amy rushes toward the restroom and I look up, confused. I looked towards the guys and they hold the same expression. What the hell was that?

"What did you guys do to her?"

"Nothing," they said in unison.

"Oh." About 6 minutes later, she joins us again in the same location. I rush to her side. "Baby, are you okay?" Kevin arches his back, and I turn to look at him. His face was expressionless. I had no idea what his problem was.

"Yeah. Why wouldn't I be." She faked a smile. That worried me.

As we left, the boy at the desk winked at Amy and before I could even react, Amy nodded back. I rode with Amy, and Kevin rode with Jake.

For half the ride, Amy seemed edgy: mumbling to herself and looked only at the road.

"Something wrong, Ames?"

"No. Why would it be?"

"You just seem... Off..."

"Oh. It's just a headache." She mumbled.

"Oh."

It felt slightly awkward in the car and my mind lingered on one thing. My reputation. After the school hears that Allen 'beat me up' no one will care about me. I had to do something... Soon. Me, Amy, Jake, and Kevin all met up at my place. When we got there, Amber, and one of Amy's friend-I forgot his name-was sleeping on the couch.

Allen walked in with a lady who looked like she was in her late 20's.

"Hey." Amy says. I look at her with question.

"Hey, Hun. Ya hungry? There's a butler! It's awesome!" The lady says. Andy snorts and comes towards me.

"You want anything?" His eyebrows narrow, and his pupils are large.

"Um, no Andy, but thank you."

"Mom, what was Allen's answer." Amy says, and I gasp. Mom? Her mom?

"He said ye-" Allen cuts in.

"I'm standing right here. You can just ask me!" He exclaimed. I stare at him. What had happened between them?

"Yo, Andy, can you make me a samich?" Kevin ask.

"Me too." Calls Jake.

"You said yes? Fine then." She drags me to my room and huffs on her way up.

"What was that?"

"Looks like I'm staying with you." I expect her to smile, but I only see a blank stare.

Allen POV

I wake up Lew and Amber and we all just leave. Lew and Amber had been playing kissy face every since yesterday. I got in the driver seat, but amber pulls me out saying, "what do you think you're doing? My car, so I drive." I move so she can get in. Me and Lew are in the back, and the ladies are in the front. They talk up front, and I expect Lew to talk, but he doesn't.

"Sups dude?"

"You made her choose. Did you really make her choose?" I look down. I did make her choose. Like an idiot, I made her choose.

"Yeah." I mumble.

When we get to my moms place, I frown. "This is dad's house..."

"No. It's mine now!" Mom grinned. I didn't know how to feel about it. It's the last place I saw dad alive.

We go in and I claim my room. I had school on Monday. I wonder what they'd think when they heard that the new kid beat the shit out of Mr. Popular. I laughed at that, but that laughter almost turned into a sob as I realized that Amy would hate me and would choose his side of any story.

Amy's POV

I begin to panic. I paced back and forward and Ryan just looked at me.

"What? Ames, what is it?"

"I.... I co-" I began. How do I tell Ryan something as big as this. Instead I replace what I was actually gonna say with "Allen." He was a great excuse, but somehow, Ryan knew I was lying.

"What is it?"