Chapter 16: Never Changes To Forever

Amy's POV

After I was released from the hospital, Lewis took me home. Kevin couldn't take me home because he was still injured and Ryan was still in ICU, where Allen stayed. I was released a few hours after my admission because I only had a small head injury. On the ride home, Lewis said nothing.

Silence.

I winced and shuttered then I tried to let the window up.

They were locked. I look over at Lewis who grips the steering will with a death clutch. He grip was so tight that his knuckles bulged and seemed to be super pale.

"Can..." I began, but his eyes become a fiery pit. I look past him.

I turn to my window, which is still open, and stared at the scenery. It's dark, but I can still see the trees. It is almost Summer, but Spring, still, brings strong winds. I shudder hard; so hard that I catch Lew's attention. He glances at me, then looks away.

He closes my window and mummers something. I couldn't hear what he's saying, and I'm glad for that.

We come to a stop light. Glaring, he says, "Why?"

"Huh?" I gasp.

"Why him? Money? Fame? Good looks?"

The word "Love." thrust from my throat and I pause. I expect Lew to react harshly, but instead he smirks. What the hell?!

"Okay." He whispers gently.

"Wow. You and Allen need to stop this... Don't you want me to be..." He shh's me and I stare at him with wide eyes. "Excuse me, but..."

"Shut Up." Slips from his tongue. What the fuck?

We reach home and by the time we're on the porch, I am trembling. He gives me his jacket. As I'm about to unlock the door, he grips my arm, and twirls me around. He gets really close to me. So close that I feel his heat and I become breathless. "Lew," I whisper, but he stops me.

"I respect your decision. And I support you and Ryan one hundred and ten percent..." he stares into my eyes. "...I just want you to be happy..."

True love.

That was true love. I betrayed him by loving Ryan, but I never knew he loved me so deeply. I never knew he care for me more than I cared for myself.

Then my mind jumps back to Ryan. He lays in a hospital bed, while I'm face to face with a guy who loves me more than he loves himself. Something jumps out on Lewis' face. His eyes. They contain a sea of emotions, roaring at everything in its path. I look away towards the car.

The car we drove home in wasn't his... It was Amber's.

I plunge the jagget key into its slot and turns it. I walk through the door and my body turns to stone. I become solid and a tear rips from my tear-duct. I almost panic, but Lew is behind me. Breathing into me: helping me breathe.

I stumble forward and as soon as I do I regret it. I trip and fall to the ground almost dramatically. Struggling to my feet, I gasp at my hand.

Glass.

Somehow, glass found its way to my palm and knee. I would guess it was caused by my stumble. I cry out, not in pain, but in frustration. I refuse to look up at what was before me.

Lewis' POV

She falls to the ground. I try not to show it: in my face, body, or movement.

I was about to collapse as well, but I recollect myself before she can notice. Everything I said was true. I love her and I'm not conflicted about her choices. I just want her to be happy. Of course I want her.. Of course I need her. But I need her to be happy.

I glance up and gasp in fear. Not fear... But... Fear. It's not that I'm scared of anything, but... I feared for Amy. As soon as I look at Amy, who cried out in pain, I jump towards her... In front of her.

She stares at her bloody hand and glances up slightly. She flicks a finger up, and yelps, "You." She glares. Hard. Movement in the room made me shield her even more.

"You hurt her once. Never again." I growled.