Chapter 6

Turns out, Kim Yoo Jung did call him while standing outside the door. He sees the side of her face, then his eyes flickers over to the person beside her. It is Chae Young Shin, the woman who is groaning. But she isn't only groaning.

Bo Gum's eyes widens a bit. Scars and bruises covers her thin and frail face. Her hair is a mess, blood stains makes her pink hair stick together into a blobs. There is a long scar at the back of her neck, the source of the blood stains. She is limping; a clear sign that someone had tortured her legs.

Yoo Jung is holding her by her hands, her big eyes even larger seeing someone with such injuries. She keeps asking if she is alright, yet receiving only groans.

"Get in," Bo Gum says with a sharp voice that startles Yoo Jung. He gains her full attention. The he roughly grabs his noona's arm and drag her to the bathroom,Yoo Jung quietly pleading for him to take it easy on her. He isn't furious. He's confused and scared. He feels like he's been threatened.

He first gets a medical kit and starts dabbing on the wound on her neck. They escort her to the sink and Yoo Jung starts cleaning blood out of her hair. Young Shin is silent. She doesn't say a word, neither does she make a sound. Bo Gum starts massaging her leg, making her wince. He notices it, and furrows his eyebrows; it makes him even more anxious.

This has never happened before. Sure, she gets some minor wound from dancing and partying, but these wounds are new. It's more serious. The cut on her neck, it is definitely done by a knife. Thankfully, the cut isn't deep, the bruises and scars on Young Shin's face is the efforts she made to protect herself.

They finish and heads to the living room, Yoo Jung lightly pushing her to a couch. Young Shin's head is down, so that Bo Gum wouldn't get a sight of her face. Her fingers are intertwined tightly together. She looks ashamed. No. It looks like she's been threatened.

"Lift your head up," Bo Gum commands, and without waiting for her to do so, he uses his finger to push her face up so she can meet his eyes properly. He gets straight to the point.

"Who did this?"

She shakes her head, then bites her lips. Her head hangs low again.

"Who. Did. This?"

No reply.

That's when Bo Gum decides to use the silence as an advantage. He sents a look to Yoo Jung, pleading for her not to speak. He knows his noona can't stand the awkward atmosphere, she hates it when she is swallowed by silence. So every time this happens, she'd find a way to escape it. Sing, or talk, or dance, stomping on the floor, anything.

This trick still did its work, but this time, it takes longer for Young Shin to speak up.

Sne sighs first. Then her words comes out shakily.

"I'm protecting you," she says.

"Not mentally," he replies immediately.

His noona jabs her thumb towards Yoo Jung.

"I think she'll do that well."

"This is our situation, don't drag this on someone else."

"Then get her out first."

He glances at her, and she returns a look. Her eyes lands on Young Shin's room.

"She just came, we're going to discuss about our case. Can she stay in your room for the moment?"

Before she agrees, Yoo Jung is already thanking her and walking to her room. Bo Gum smirks. Young Shin watches her close the door. "Teenagers these days are getting weirder and more impolite," she mumbles. "How'd she become a police? People are so lazy these days."

After she finishes her talk, Bo Gum snaps, "Just speak about what you need to be talking about."

He knows he'd wasted to much time. His noona's eyes now hides no anxiety and fear. They are relaxed now. "It's nothing you need to worry about. I mean, it felt good, punching and kicking someone else. While getting some punches and kicks  myself. You know? It actually feels good. You don't have to be afraid to get bullied anymore, right?"

She looks at him, then threw her head back to laugh.

"Oh right. Almost forgot. You're a police! You get punched and kicked all the time, right? My, you must be good. I never see bruises on you. Oh you must've learned martial arts right? Of course you have, you're good at fighting, no? No but seriously, are you hurt anywhere? Noona can help you with your ouchies."

He glares at her.

"If you're not gonna speak I'm still going to find out. Until then, I won't trust you, I won't believe you, I won't listen to you."

He stands up.

"Kim Yoo Jung ssi, you can come out now."

The two girls switches their spots, Young Shin gets in her room and Yoo Jung sits on a sofa next to Bo Gum.

"Did you see that? When you said 'we're gonna discuss about our case', her expression changed." Yoo Jung points out, her eyes still wide, overflowing with conclusions that pops up in her brain.

"Does she look frightened, startled? Mad? Sad? Anxious? Nervous?"

"Startled and nervous."

Yoo Jung takes out a note she kept in her jean pocket. "Look what I found in your noona's room."

It's white, and there's words scribbled on it.

His address:

514 S. Magnolia St. Orlando, FL 32806

A/N- a little more than 900 words for you guys!
Hope you enjoyed this chap♡