on the road

A/N sorry about it being short, VFC!

It’s been a week since the incident with me and Louis at the mall, but strangely, there really hasn’t been much media buzz about it at all. I was constantly having my picture taken wherever I went, especially if I was with any one of the guys. But not many people were talking about it on the internet anymore. There has been one What the Buck segment about it on YouTube, but I think that was the biggest amount of press I have gotten. Plus a gay man called me pretty!

            I walked downstairs around 6 am the morning we had to leave. I was so excited that I grabbed my suitcases and stacked them against the front door. I had pulled on a pair of denim short shorts and an oversized red Coca Cola t-shirt pulled back with a ponytail holder. I let my hair fall in soft waves to the middle of my back, and decided to leave my glasses on. Yes, I wear glasses. Problem?

            I walked into the kitchen to find Niall with his head in the pantry. I silently walked past him and sat on the island. “Found what you’re looking for?” I asked in a sneaky sort of way.

            “Not yet.” He said, still inspecting my food. I rolled my eyes and smiled at his obsession with food. I got off of the island and wrapped my arms around the back his neck.

            “You excited?” I asked while kissing his cheek. These next two weeks were going to be amazing! And, since my birthday was in a couple of days and we were leaving in two hours, I could finally be away from Jamie muttering ‘another year closer to death’ whenever she walked by me.

            “Very.” He said and turned around. Our faces were inches apart, and his eyes kept darting from my eyes to my lips. I leaned in, only to be interrupted by a crashing noise coming from my room.

            “What the hell?” He asked as I pulled his hand up the stairs. Liam and Louis were having a heated argument in the middle of my bedroom, which looked like a tornado went through it. Niall pulled me off to the side so we could listen in a bit.

            “What if we drop the book on the ground and it opens that way! That way, I couldn’t help but skim the page when I close it and return it to its rightful place!” Louis said, holding my book. I squeezed Niall’s hand as he looked at me with a questionable look.

            “How about we don’t read it and simply ask Elise why she is so obsessed with it! It’s not every day that we come across a girl who could easily be any one of our perfect mates! I’m afraid if you do something like this then she will leave for sure!” Liam said protectively.

            “You know that I really like Alexa! And I’m sure that Elise won’t be that mad if I take a quick peak!”

            “Don’t do it! If not for the sake of having Elise as your best friend, then for Niall! You’ve seen how hard he has fallen for this girl!” I looked over at Niall, who simply blushed and looked into my eyes. I smiled and turned to watch Louis, who looked like he was about to win the argument. I let go of Niall’s hand and tiptoed into my room, carefully trying to avoid the crap that was scattered across my floor. I wasn’t very graceful in the end, and stubbed my toe on the corner of my bed.

            “GOSH DANG, MOTHER FATHER, SON OF A BIRTCH!” I screamed and started hopping on my foot. Everyone started laughing then, even me, and I was the one who yelled.

            “What is going on in here! We have to go!” Zayn exclaimed when he and Harry came into my door. I hopped up and started grabbing suitcases like a madwoman.