For the Better

• Dedicated to Anyone who decides to read my story!

A/N This is my first fan fiction and first story on Wattpad so please be nice with the comments! There is always room for constructive critisism as well!

Okay, I am about to tell you a story. Now to answer some questions that I think you might be having, no, this is not one of those sappy ‘Romeo finds Juliet’ type of stories. No, this isn’t a stereotypical ‘Shy Girl’ stories with a completely predictable ending. This is my story, the story of how my life changed for the better. First though, a quick bio. My name is Elise Richards, I am 16 years old, and I live in Hoover, Alabama, where nothing absolutely ever happens.

*Flashback*

            I was so excited that I actually woke up before my alarm clock. Why was I excited? Well I will answer that question that you probably did not ask. My best friend in the entire world was having the most important game of his life today. I get to come see it!!!! I was pumped, even though I know nothing about baseball. I jumped out of bed and ran over to my closet.

            “What to wear?” I sang quietly to myself as I inspected each of my articles of clothing. After much consideration, I decided on a hoodless Hard Rock Café sweatshirt, my black and white Nike shorts, and purple Vans. I hurried into the bathroom and decided to pull my long brown hair into a loose ponytail. I decided to go basic and put on as little makeup as I could. After a touch of foundation and a bit of powder, I ended my short makeup session with a bit of mascara to bring out my light blue eyes.

            I looked at the time on my phone, and raced out of my room and down the steps. I ran down to my mom’s office and told her I was leaving.

            “Tell Mac to play hard!” She said when I walked away.

            “I will!” I yelled in reply. I ran out to the driveway and got into my yellow station wagon. I know what your thinking, but hey! It’s mine and I think it’s cute! I put the keys in the ignition, turned on the engine, and drove down to the baseball fields.

            Once I got there, I ran up to Mac as he was rolling his bag onto the field. Thankfully, he didn’t see me coming.

            “SNEAK ATTACK!!!!” I yelled while jumping on his back.

            “Gosh, Elise, you’re so fat!” He laughed while shrugging me off of his back.

            I helped him take his bag to the dugout. Once there I sat down and crossed my arms. “I am not fat!” I retorted, “You are just too weak! Alright, you ready?”

            “I don’t know, the other team is pretty impressive.”

            “Hey,” I said while pointing my finger at him, “you are Mac Hummel! Never, have I ever, seen you back down from something as silly as a good team.”

            “Thanks, I needed that.” He smiled back down at me. Goodness, I loved that boy. (friend-wise of course) I gave him a quick hug and took my seat in the stands.

            “Well, well, well, what do we have here?” A snobby, high-pitched voice came from my left. It took all of my will power just to turn my head and keep my mouth shut. Sitting next to me was an average height, seriously spray tanned, bottle blonde bi-atch known as Jamie Walker. I loathed her with every fiber of my being. I would seriously rather be chased by a hungry pack of wild animals through the Sahara than spend ten minutes in the same room with this brat.

            “Jamie! What a… surprise to see you here!” I said with fake enthusiasm.

            “I was about to ask you the same question!” She said with sarcasm. No, I would not put up with this, not today.

            “Listen, Jamie -” I said when I was rudely interrupted.

            “No you listen, man-hands. Mac is mine.” She said while growling, “If you can figure out what’s good for you in that tiny little pebble you call a brain, than you will stay away from him. Got it?” By this time, we were out of the stands and nearing the field.

            “Actually, I don’t get it. Mac is my friend, get over it.” I snarled, which caught her completely off guard, “And get this through your chemically colored head. I despise you, and the only reason that I am not beating the crap out of you right now, is because I want people to pay attention to the team.” I said and walked away. I grabbed my iPod out of my pocket, put the ear buds in my ears, and walked into the parking lot.

            Then things started happening way to fast. I walked down rows of parked cars trying to find my own. When I spotted my car, I walked dead in the center of the parking lot, and got hit. It wasn’t like I got run over or anything, but it was enough of a hit to make me fall and skid back a few feet. I ended up landing on my side, but softly turned around and laid my head on the asphalt. I put my hand up to my head and covered my eyes. Soon, there were five voices surrounding me and helping me get up. I put my hand down and before I got a good look at their faces, yelled “Gosh dang it! What the hell was that!?”

            I looked at each of them then, even the two holding me up. What I was looking at was truly shocking. By the looks on each of their faces, they were quite shocked as well. Ladies and gentleman, I was looking at the faces of One Direction.