Alexander Hamilton x Reader ~Forgiveness~

This is gonna get real sad real quick

_______________________________________________________________________

"Alexander, we can't just throw this all away!" You cried.

"I can't be in the damned part of town, (y/n), I don't want their pity looks!" Your husband said, throwing his hands up in the air.

At that moment, your youngest daughter, Elizabeth began to cry. You glared at Alexander, then left the room to comfort your child.

"Oh, don't cry Betsey." You rocked her, crying slightly yourself.

"Mom?" Your oldest daughter Angelica walked into the room. You wiped some tears away.

"Y-yes, love?"

"When's Philip coming home from college?" She asked.

You took a deep breath.

"H-honey...I don't know..." You blinked tears away. This became normal. You had to lie to her and tell her that Philip was still alive.

"Oh. Well, I miss him." She walks off.

"M-me too." You whisper.

_______________________________________________________________________

It had been a while since Alexander moved your family uptown. He had tried to talk to you, but you had ignored him.

He knew about the duel. Why hadn't he stopped Philip?

You thought about this as you stood in the garden one day. A part of you wanted to forgive him, but part of you just couldn't. In a way, he had torn your family apart.

"Look at where we are." A voice said, walking behind you.

You looked around and saw that it was Alexander. You continued to stare at the flowers.

"Look at where we started. I know I don't deserve you, (y/n). Just hear me out, that would be enough." You turned the opposite direction, not wanting to hear what we had to say.

"If I could spare his life," He gulps. "If I could trade his life for mine, he'd be standing here right now, and you would smile, and that would be enough. I don't pretend to know the challenges we're facing. I know there's no replacing what we've lost, and you need time."

You continued to stare harshly at the ground, tears continuing to fall. He wiped one of them away.

"But I'm not afraid. I know who I married. Just me stay here by your side. That would be enough."

You remembered all the times he would walk beside you on the street. He'd talk to you, but you'd never respond. You saw the pity looks people gave you. Everywhere you went they were there.

"(Y/n) do you like it uptown? It's quiet uptown."

You looked up at the sky, sniffing a bit.

"Look around, look around, (y/n)!" He said, trying to get you to face him.

You continued to stare at the sky, looking at the brightest star. Alexander sighed, and turned to walk away.

You took his hand.

"It's quiet uptown."

_______________________________________________________________________

That was really short...I needed to post something, but I promise I have better ideas!

(I didn't edit this)