Hamilton Family x Reader (part two)

Alright. Brace yourselves.

*hands box of tissues*
_______________________________________________________________________

Your family had spent the night at your aunts house. Of course, you didn't sleep at all. It was around three in the morning when your mother walked into the room. Not knowing who it was, you pretended to be asleep.

"I know you're not sleeping," she whispered in your ear, laying down next to you.

You rolled over to face her. Even though you were 18, she still held you close, as if you were a child.

"I love you, mom." You said, as you closed your eyes.

She stroked your hair, and kissed you on the forehead.

"I love you, too."
_______________________________________________________________________

An hour later, you were shaken awake. With a start, you bolted up straight in bed. There, James is shaking you awake.

"What? James, what's wrong?" You ask. It was four in the morning, and you did not want to be awake.

"Mom told me to come up and get you." He said, leaving the room that you were sharing with Elizabeth.

Quickly, you ran downstairs. Your mother wouldn't send James up to wake you if it wasn't an emergency. She was standing outside of the living room, a handkerchief against her nose. You father was comforting her. The sight gave you a little bit of hope- perhaps your parents relationship was slowly getting fixed.

Perhaps.

"Mother? What's wrong?" You asked, still half asleep. She took your hands in hers.

"P-Philip asked to s-see you. Alone, honey." She said.

As much as you wanted to see Philip, you weren't sure how you felt about going alone. You nodded, and opened the door. The sight of Philip made you cry.

"Oh, P-Philip." You could barely get out, as you raced over to his side. He smiled, and took your hands.

"H-hey, (y/n)..." he said. It hurt you to see him like this.

"I'm so sorry, Philip. Y-You shouldn't have to go through this." You said, continuing to cry.

The two of you talked for about 45 more minutes, until he clutched his side in pain. More than usual, that is.

"(Y-y/n), get everyone else." He asked you. Without hesitating, or asking questions, you got up from his side.

It hurt you to leave Philip, even though you would only step out for just a moment. Silently, you crept into the other room. Your parents looked up at you.

"Philip requested that everyone go see him." You said.

As you said it aloud, you realized why he wanted his family. Hopefully, he was wrong. He was breathing, he was going to survive this. Your brother was strong.
_______________________________________________________________________

10 minutes later, you mother called you back into the room. She was crying, and could barely look anyone in the eye.

"(Y/n), honey. Philip would really like you to be with him now." She said. You could tell she didn't understand why he asked for you.