Thomas Jefferson x Reader

"Don't cry, darling."

Honestly I have no idea which prompt number it is all I remember is that it was a prompt and someone requested it with Thomas Jefferson. So yeah. Enjoy.
_______________________________________________________________________

It was another normal day- or so you thought.

"(Y/n), cancel my meeting for three." Your boss, Alexander Hamilton called. Even though he was your fiancée's enemy, the two of you got along very well.

You chuckled. "Alright. This is the third time you'll be rescheduling this meeting. Washington's not gonna be happy."

He sighed. "You're right. Un-cancel it, if that's a thing."

You laughed.

The door to the building opened, and your boyfriend, Thomas Jefferson, entered.

"Hey, Jefferson." Aaron Burr comes out of his office, pouring himself a cup of coffee.

"Mr. Burr. How's it going?" He asks, shaking hands.

You smile as you type into your computer.

The two men talked for a while, and when Burr went back to work, Thomas approached you.

"Hi, love." He said, giving you a kiss.

"Hey." You greeted, smiling at him.

"What do you say I sneak you out of here?" He says, sneaking behind your desk and giving you a hug from behind.

You sigh.

"Thomas, I get off in two hours. Can't you wait?" You ask.

He pouts. "Fine. I love you, (y/n)." He says, kissing your forehead goodbye.

"I love you, too."
_______________________________________________________________________

"Please, Alexander. Go home on time. So, like, right now. Leave!" You beg him, walking into his office. Lately, he'd been staying until midnight, then getting to the office at six in the morning.

"I'll be fine, (y/n). I just have to finish this." He sighed, picking up another piece of paper.

"Alexander Hamilton. It's five o'clock. Please, go home and surprise Eliza! She'll be happy. Come on." You say, pulling him out of his chair.

Alexander finally agreed and left his office.

You were driving to the apartment which you and Thomas lived in together.

"I'm h- Thomas?" You say, noticing the lights were off.

"In here!" He called from the kitchen,

You walked, and he was on one knee.

"(Y/n) (l/n), hopefully to be Jefferson, will you marry me?" He asks.

You start crying as you nod profusely and say "Yes!"

He stands up and puts the ring on your finger.

"Don't cry, darling." He says, wiping one of your tears away.
_______________________________________________________________________

That might have been the crappiest chapter. Ever. Ok bye.