Chapter 3

*Danielle's POV*

"I'm having trouble sleeping tonight," I text my friend, Tori, short for Victoria, who I had met over Instagram. She is like my best friend, except we have never met before. 

*T=Tori D=Danielle*

T - how come?

D - Im going with some friends to Magcon in chicago tomorrow! xD

T - Rightttt hahaahaha i forgot

D - So whats up

T - just watching some tv

D - lolol im just laying in bed, instagraming and stuff

We continue to text until 3 AM and I fall asleep. Then, three hours later, I wake up. my face was wet. I was crying. I don't remember my dream, at all, but I was crying because of it. I almost fall back asleep until my eyes widen. It's Saturday! Today is the day we are going to Chicago! Suddenly, a loud clap of thunder is heard. Oh no. Please no. Don't rain. Of course, it starts pouring, Maybe it will stop? Hopefully! 

Crap! I never finished packing!!! We are leaving in an hour to get to the airport because our flight leaves at 9 and even though right now it is 6:30, it takes about 30 minutes to get to the airport from my house. Elaina and Nicole are carpooling with me since they are my neighbors. We are just going to meet the other girls at the airport. 

I quickly, butt quietly walk out of my bed and start to get ready. First I pack my things. I pull over my suitcase and sit on the ground, opening it. I finish putting all the clothes I bought yesterday and some other outfits and shoes from my closet. I pack extra things to be on the safe side. I know I will have a carry-on bag, which will be a messanger bag and maybe small purse that goes around your shoulder or whatever, like the messenger bag. I zip up my suitcase and carefully bring it downstairs. My dogs start barking. 

"Luna, Dawson, it's me, it's okay," I whisper. Luna follows me back upstairs and hops up onto my unmade bed and lays down. Silly pup. I take my black messenger back out of my closet and my small purse off of my purse holder. I'm going to pack a little bit bigger purse, kinda like a tote bag, but a tinsy bit smaller and I fold it and stuff it into my suitcase, which I quickly went downstairs to do. 

Luna was still on my bed when I came back up. I guess I will just make my bed last. She is a Golden Retriver, probably mixed with a Lab, because of her coat, so I can't just pick her up. 

I go into my connecting bathroom and brush my teeth and hair. I put my toothepaste and toothbrush in a baggie and set it aside to put into the suitcase that is downstairs. I slide my hairbrush into my messenger bag. I'm a little obsessed with magazines, so I put some I had bought on Thursday, that I forced myself to not read yet, into the bag. I pack some hairtyes, clips, bobby pins, and other hair accessories, like bows into a plastic baggie and put it into the messenger bag.

I decide on wearing my dark blue skinny jeans and a Pikachu shirt with some cute light brown, ankle-high boots. Since it's cold and rainy outside, I grab my gray jacket and throw it onto my bed, which startles Luna. I don't know why but it is always cold in airports, so that is also another reason why I am going to wear one. 

I open my drawer I made only for make-up in my dresser. I dab my finger into my foundation and put some on the back of my hand. I then take little bits of the liquid foundation and rub it onto my face. I don't put alot on. I then take my liquid eyeliner and apply only a little bit and make a little wing. My friends always compliment on how thin the lines are, which honestly, I have no idea how I do it all in one try. Then, I apply a little mascara. I don't really like mascara, but I'm going to wear it today. I take my special traveling make-up bag and put those items into it. I wish I didn't take my suitcase downstairs because that goes into it, too, along with my favorite perfume, Selena Gomez's perfume called Selena Gomez. 

I get my light pink E.O.S chapstick and put some on. I pack it into my purse, the one that is smaller than the messenger bag. Next, I check my phone, full battery. Nicole and Elaina group messaged me on kik and we all decided they would come over around 7:30. It was now only 7. I put some razors into my make-up bag with some Q-Tips. I would have almost forgotten! I pack an extra shirt and pants, along with black Vans into the messenger bag just in case something spills on me or other things that are worse that you could imagine.

I open my jewelery holder, which looks like a nightstand, but obviously a lot smaller since it is for jewelery. Wow. I find a sandwich inside one of the drawers. Why is that in there!?! Oh....I remember. Last Tuesday, I didn't eat my lunch and so when I got home, I stuck it there so my dad wouldn't find it. He would get mad if he found out I didn't eat and was talking instead. I throw it away and go back to my jewelery in my bathroom. The holder was on the countertop.

I sort through my necklaces and decide on wearing my necklace with a panda charm. It is really cute. Even though it doesn't really match, I will probably wear my jacket the whole time so no one will even see my shirt.

I finish packing everything, including packing the other things that were set aside on my bed into the suitcase. Luna jumps off my bed, after I said get down multiple times and I make the bed. I take my phone off the charger and put the charger into the messenger bag. I sling the purse around my shoulders and grab the messenger bag while putting my phone into my back pocket. I headed downstairs to wait for my friends, who should already be here.

I have a feeling that this trip will be the time of our lives.