Finally

Chapter 1: *Danielle’s POV*

“PLEASE!!” I start to cry.

“Danielle, I told you five times already! NO,” my mother says with a stern voice.

“This isn’t fair,” I run upstairs, to my room.

“Why not use your own money,” my mother yells after me. I have been trying to coerce my mom to allow me to buy a ticket to Magcon in Chicago. My friend, Nicole, had invited me and some of our other friends, who are also fans of Magcon, to go to Chicago to meet the boys. She took care of the airfare, considering her mom is a flight attendant, so she got discounts. Also, I have family who live in Chicago, Illinois, so I could just stay with them rather then paying for a hotel or if anything happens to me, I have family there! In my room, I empty out my piggybank filled with savings. I count all the money. Wow. I have just enough, and even if I didn’t, I’m sure my dad would pay the rest? He might, I don’t know. I decide to call up Nicole.

“Hello?” I hear Nicole answer.

“Hey, it’s Danielle. I have just enough to buy a Magcon ticket,” I speak.

“Really? Yay! Oh, guess what,” Nicole replies.

“What,” I ask.

“Ok, you know how your birthday is coming up? I got you something that has to do with Magcon,” Nicole says.

“What!?! Really!?! You didn’t have to,” I say with excitement.

“Yes I did! I will give it to you Saturday, but sorry, I have to go, I’m already packing,” She replies.

“Alright, bye,” I say. She says bye and we both hang up. Saturday is the day we are supposed to meet at the airport to leave, which is in two days. I’m so surprised Magcon isn’t sold out yet. Normally, it becomes sold out in seconds. I wonder why it hasn’t been yet. I walk downstairs and see my dad home.

“Hello Danielle. Your mom and I talked about it. For your birthday gift….we are going to allow you to go to Magcon with your friends, but on one condition. You call us when you get to the airport in Chicago and you call us every night. Also, we will pay for your ticket, wait we already did, SURPRISE!!! Go pack,” My dad says with excitement.

“WHAT,” I scream.

“Go pack! You’re going to Magcon,” my dad smiles.

“Thank you! Thank you so much!!!” I scream. I run upstairs, text Nicole that I am most definitely going, and pull my suitcase out of my closet. I pick it up and lay it on my bed. I unzip it to fill it up with my clothes. Even though I have a day, I love packing and sometimes, it takes me a while to pack. Tomorrow, the girls and I are all going to the mall to obtain some new clothes. We aren’t just staying in Chicago for a day, but for about a week, like the boys are! I rummage through my closet to find some nice shirts to pack. Of course, I will be packing some of my clothes from Aeropostle, from Bethany Mota’s line. I’m definitely packing my black and white striped dress from her line.

I don’t fold it yet, but I put it to the side of my suitcase, I might just carefully fold it and put it on top when I’m done with packing everything else. I don’t know if it will be cold or not, so I guess I will pack jeans and some sweaters and sweatpants. I pick out my clothes that I will wear to the airport, but I will probably change the selection after the mall tomorrow!

I eat dinner and then head back upstairs. I can’t believe tomorrow we have no school! I’m so excited! I drag my suitcase off my bed and onto the ground and lay my dress on top of it. Then, I hop in bed and quickly fall asleep.