Chapter 31

Chapter 31

Put the plan in action.

Marinas pov

Beetee told us the plan to fry up everyone and at dusk he left. all I could think about was if this was going to work, who is going to be the first one to fire. Obviously it won't be me because I've grew close to everyone here, even if me and katniss are not on great terms I still wouldn't kill her. soon enough we made it to the lightning tree and we wrapped beetees wire around the tree.

"Ok you an Johanna carefully go to the beach and put the wire fully in the water, we will meet you at the tree that we have talked about." beetee said handing the coil to katniss.

"I have to go with them" peeta said

"No you have to stay and protect me and the tree" beetee said and they started to argue. I didn't really pay any attention because all I could think about was who is going to shoot first. After about 2 minutes I zoned back in to see katniss kiss peeta and then leave with johanna. I pick up my trident and start to twirl it in my hands while I was walking around the tree.

"So... marina, how are you? " Peeta asked walking over to me. I quickly stop twirling the weapon and face him.

"good, I guess." I said

"You look a bit worried, whys that?" he asked

"It's just, if the plan does work, who will be the first to fire" I explained

"Ya I guess that's a big thing."peeta said. We stood there talking until we heard the wire being broken. we turn our heads quickly and I saw finnick cut open his arm and peeta start running screaming out katniss' name.

"PEETA!" I yelled rubbing after him.

"Marina wait!" I heard finnick yell but I was too focused on peeta. no matter what katniss is to me right now, I made a promise to protect him.

"PEETA WAIT UP!" I yelled

"Marina! where is katniss!" peeta yelled as I got up to him.

"I don't know. but let's take a breather and go look for her ok" I said placing my hands on his shoulders.

"Ok." He sighed

"Good, now let's go look for her this way" I said pointing to our left. We ran around for about 10 minutes yelling out for katniss but never saw her. soon I heard the rumble of the lightning and I stopped peeta and we both looked up to see the lightning come down from the sky and something bright fly up in the sky hitting the domes panel breaking it. I turn to face peeta who has a pail face.

"Katniss" he both said and started to run to the tree watching panels from the sky fall to the ground.

"PEETA LOOK!" I yelled as I saw a hovercraft come in the arena and grab someone from the ground.

"KATNISS!" peeta yelled

"Peeta! it might not be katniss... calm down." I said but I was also freaking out. what if it is finnick? what if finnick is dead?!he can't be dead, he just can't be. then another hovercraft came into the falling arena and head out way.

"Peeta! run!" I yelled as the hovercraft came closer.

"Marina! what is happening?!" peeta yelled as we ran

"The Capitol does not like us breaking the arena" I said as we ran. I looked up again to see the hovercraft nearly on top of us but also a panel coming down where peeta was just ahead of me.

"PEETA! WATCH OUT!" I yelled as I pushed peeta out of the way of the panel and it falling ontop of my left leg.

"MARINA!" I heard peeta yell

"Peeta! run"i yelled

"I'm not leaving you" he yelled.

"Peeta! the claw!" I yelled as a claw from the hovercraft came down on top of us.

"Marina! hold on!" peeta yelled trying to get the panel off my leg but it was to later he claw got both of us.

"Peeta! I told you to run." I said as we were lifted in the air.

"I'm sorry! but I was not leaving you!" peeta yelled and we got put in the hovercraft with someone greeting us with a punch in the temple.

"I'm sorry..." I mumbled as darkness overtook me.

Finnicks pov

I was in shock of what Haymitch had just told me. the Capitol took peeta and marina. I knew I shouldn't have let her out of my sight! It's all my fault. I didn't get to cut out the tracker in her arm and now we are separated once more.

"She's going to freak out when she finds out about the boy" haymitch said to Johanna. ya we got to Johanna in time. all of a sudden the door was opened and katniss came in and it was a yelling match which ended by Heavensbee putting some kind of sleeping medicine that knocked katniss out cold. they put katniss back into the infirmary and we all sat there talking about district 13. well they were, me I was thinking, thinking about what I'm going to do because I need marina, I need her like the ocean needs water.

THE END

__________

A/n hey guys! so this is it of 'I need you like the ocean needs water.' But don't worry there will be a sequel, it's just I don't want this book to go too long so I decided to end it here. Soo... ya. the sequel will be up either tomorrow or the next day. so ya be excited! and I'm coming up with new fanfics, so if you like youtubers get excited about that. it will either be me or me mates fanfic. so ya see you guys in the sequel! BYE!