Chapter 26

Chapter 26

The fog.

Marinas pov.

We decided to get some rest so we could be well rested for day #2. I found a tree and we all laid down beside it because it gave us some cover. Finnick said he would take the first shift but katniss didn't trust finnick to watch us so she stayed up with him. I didn't really care so I laid down and shut my eyes starting to doze off before the Capitol anthem started waking me up. I look up in the starry sky and see the faces of all the fallen tributes so far. Once It finished I shut my eyes and fell back asleep.

"GUYS!WAKE UP! THE FOG! ITS POISEN!" I heard katniss yelled and everyone got up and ran away. I stood up confused and just looked at the fog. it looked to harmless the be poisoned. I stuck my hand into the fog and screamed in pain as the fog touched my skin. I started to run in the direction of everyone else and soon coughed up with them. I looked to my left and saw katniss struggling as peeta fell down. I ran over to them.

"I can't lift him" katniss said. I quickly put his right arm around my shoulder as she put his left arm around her shoulder and we started to drag him tree the forest. ignoring the pain of the fog that was caught up to us, I realized that the fog had a paralyzing effect and I couldn't feel my legs and arms. I soon tripped over a rock and katniss and peeta was thrown down a Hill by this pond. The fog starts to creep closer and closer to me as I was stuck on the ground. the fog finally got to me and it hit my feet. screaming in pain I threw my feet around my body with the little energy I had and the fog started to get to my arms and face. I was in so much pain but I couldn't do anything. I was almost completely covered by the fog when I felt someone grab my foot and drag me down the hill. I just lied there listening to everything. happening around me. I heard some monkeys but I thought nothing of it, there only monkeys after all, I also heard katniss scream something but I was in so much pain and couldn't really focus on what she was saying. I heard some more screaming but again I did nothing, I couldn't even do anything anyways. I was paralyzed. Just some fresh blood that someone could come and kill and I couldn't do anything about it. then I felt some people grab me and dunk me into water not letting me get out. I felt pain in my limbs and I started to move them. I started to throw my legs and arms around trying to get out to breath. finally after what felt like hours they pulled me out of the water and I gasped for the clear, sweet air. I looked around and saw that it was katniss and peeta that put me under the water. I jumped back so I was out of reach of them and more in the water.

"Y-you tried to drown me!" I yelled sticking my right pointer finger at them.

"No! no we didn't! the water took the poison out." katniss said walking toward me but I kept backing up away from here. I don't know if I trust her anymore. I really should but I just...cant.

"N-no. g-get away from me" I said and ran over to the Sand and saw finnick come back with our weapons and the spout to get water. peeta took the spout and went to a nearby tree and took the water as we just sat there in the water me on the far left of the small pond and finnick and katniss on the right. I guess she was right, like the water did take the poison out of me but something was telling me to not trust her.

"Peeta.... marina.... come over here.... very slowly and quietly" katniss said breaking me out of my thought and that's when I noticed the monkeys all around us. peeta took a step closer and I reached over and carefully grabbed the silver trident that was beside me in the water. but apparently that wasn't carful enough. once I grabbed hold of the trident in my left hand...

_____________

Ok I feel mean for doing this.... but.... it's a cliffhanger! I'm sorry.... And I'm sorry for not updating! I have to write a monologue and then memorize it all by Wednesday! and I had so much home work and revising! and me skating is being stupid and me mum is bothering me about what I'm doing with me life. ya it's annoying... RANDOM QUESTION TIME! what was the worst thing that happened this week in your life? tell me in the comments! bye