Chapter 27

Chapter 27
The monkeys

Marinas pov

I grabbed the trident with my left hand and the monkey to my left pounced onto my hand biting it. without thinking I kicked the monkey in the face triggering all the other monkeys to attack. The monkey finally let go of my hand and I started to stab it followed by any monkey that came to attack me. I looked around and saw a small opening on my right that lead to the beach at the cornacupia. I kicked the last monkey attacking me away and started to run to it yelling at everyone to follow. thankfully they did but with this other girl who was covered in blood. we made it to the beach and I shoved my trident in there faces making sure they don't come near us.but for some reason they wouldn't cross the tree line at the beach. soon the monkeys just left without a second thought. confused I turn around and hear a cannon go off and a hovercraft come and take a body out of the water. I looked around and only saw finnick, peeta and katniss. where was the girl that they brought? shrugging it off I threw the trident down into the sand and just fell down into the sand staring up at the setting sun. Soon enough I fell asleep and woke up the next morning. I look around and see that katniss, and finnick are also up and are putting this green stuff all over there body. Soon I felt itchy and I started to scratch my face and arms.
"Put this on... It helps" katniss said throwing me the green stuff. I slowly put it over my body and I started to feel better. I look at finnick and katniss and I start to laugh. we all look halarious. like green shedding monsters.
"Hey let's go scare peeta" finnick said and we walk over to a sleeping peeta. we wake him up and hear him scream like a girl but then notice it was just us. We start laughing but then we hear some beeping and I notice that it was another parachute. I walk over to it and open it to see district 4 bread. and a note.
'See I told you marina! I knew you would get your memory back! and you didn't have to kill yourself! -Effie' crap. why must she say that?! I stuff the note in my boot hoping no one would find it and walk over to the others with the bread.
"here" I said passing them pieces of the bread. They all thank me and then we hear some screaming. we look to the other side of the beach and notice a huge wave coming down a hill and to the corn. the shelter blocked the huge wave from coming over here but there was still some of the wave that hit out feet. Soon we heard a cannon go off and a hovercraft come into the forest that the wave just came from. and take someone out of there. 12. that is the 12th person dead in what? 3 days? I don't know. I walked over to the sand that I slept by and sat down just staring at the beautiful blue sky.
"You ok?" Finnick asked sitting beside me on the hot sand.
"Ya.." I sighed
"It beautiful don't ya think?" finnick said
"Ya.. it really is." I said and turned my head to look at finnick who was still staring up at the sky.
"You know. if I had to choose for someone to win I would say you" he said turning his head so he was looking at me. And we just sat there staring into eachothers eyes.
"That's funny because I would choose you" I said not breaking eye contact. His green eyes were so much better then my blue eyes, his skin was tanner then mine and his hair was so much better than mine. Without even noticing we started to lean in but got interrupted just as our lips brushed against each others by katniss saying "someone is here" he stood up helping me up as I grabbed my trident. we went down the hot beach to the sound of people gasping for air and yelling at the jungle. we walked closer and could see the people. it was Johanna, beetee and wiress.
"JOHANNA!" finnick yelling running over to johanna
"FINNICK" Johanna said meeting finnick half way. I just stood there. after a minute I looked at peeta and katniss, they were talking to each other so I just stood there not knowing what to do. then katniss and peeta started to walk over to the group that was covered in blood leaving me just standing there awkwardly. I looked around and decided to go to corn. as I was going I heard I think wiress repeat "tick tock" and Johanna getting annoyed. I finally made it to the corn and just stood in the building thinking about how I'm going to kill everyone and somehow kill myself so finnick would win. Then I heard people talking about this clock thing and walking over to where I was.I quickly hid under some weapons that was left behind. I heard them talking about how the arena was a clock at that each hour was a different horror. like blood rain, monkeys, fog, the wave and so on.
"Hey guys. where is marina?" I heard finnick ask and some mumbling. then all of a sudden I hear a cannon and everyone jumps up and attack some people. I quickly jump out just to be thrown to the ground by the corn spinning.
"AHH!" I screamed as I was about to lose my grip on a rock.
"MARINA! GRAB MY HAND!" I heard Johanna yell extending her hand for me. I quickly grab her hand and start to dodge the weapons that came at me from the spinning corn.
"KATNISS!" Johanna yelled and then I saw katniss struggling to hold on. I knew I had to let go of Johanna so she could get katniss so she wouldn't fall. I looked up at Johanna and yet go of her hand.
"MARINA!" I heard her yell before I was shoot into one of the rocky lane things hurting my back and falling into the freezing water. I stayed under the water until I felt the corn stop spinning.once it stopped I started to swim onto the beach. I quickly got out of the water and limp to the forest because I hurt my back and hip when I was thrown into the water. I need to get out of here. I run to a tree an carefully sit down beside it. I lay my head back and stare out into the blue sky. why me?
"I hope your happy snow" I said and reach into my boot to get the note out but I couldn't find it. I check the other boot and still don't find it. Where did it go?

________

A/n well guys I updated! I hope u liked it! where do you think the note went off too? RANDOM QUESTION TIME! what song are you currently loving right now? mine would be say something by a great big world and Christina Agulera... bye!