Chapter 2

Chapter 2
The reaping

Marinas pov

Once I got home I noticed all the peace keepers. Crap it's the reaping I totally forgot. I ran into the house and had a shower i guess you could call it that. I fish tailed my hair and put on a blue dress that goes done to my ankles. Then I heard the horn go telling us to go to the square for the reaping. I put on my leather boots and walked out with everyone else on my street and walked to the square. I singed in and went over to all the 15 year old girls. Then the girl came out but with purple hair this time.
"Hello everyone and happy hunger games!" SHe said an I saw the Mayer and finnick sitting in chairs with some peacekeepers.
"As usual ladies first" the Girl that I didn't bother to learn her name said.
"Please don't be me. Please don't be me." I crossed my fingers
"Marina Calto!" She said and I froze tears starting to come into me eyes. All the girls turned and looked at me. I hated attention so this is not good for me. Might as well kill me now. I started to move my legs to the stage staring at the ground. Once I got up there the girl took my arm and put me in front of the mic.
"Is there anything you would like to say?" She asked and I nodded
"We all know I'm going to die so please.... Just kill me now" I said smiling.
"That's dark. Now for the boys!" She said changing her attitude. I stepped back a bit so I wasn't in the spot light to much. Then she called out that the boy was Carson karton the strongest and biggest guy who is also 18 got picked walking up with a huge smile on his face
"Is there anything you would like to say?" She asked
"Ya. Watch out everyone. Mostly you" he said staring at me. That's when I got scared. My eyes widened and I took some more steps back but he came closer
"Oh shake hands guys" She said not caring. We shook hands but he twisted my hand and squeezed it a bit to tight making me wince in pain. I moved back a bit more as he come closer. I was over by the stairs right now and was going to fall back but two arms saved me.
"Ohh umm thanks" I said not looking at the person who saved me
"No problem" the guy said. Wait I know that voice
"F-finnick?" I said looking at him. It looked like he had some tears in his eyes.
"Hey fishy" finnick said using the nickname he gave me years ago. I ran out of his arms and ran over to my room where I would have got goodbyes. But I didn't. No one came. No one cared. It's just me, myself, and I.
"Ok come on. To the train" the peace keeper said grabbing my arm dragging me to the train. I got on and sat in the food cart eating away my feelings. So this is how I die. Through a stupid game that the Capitol made. How pathetic. And with my friends or family. This is just great. Then the door opened.

_______

A/n like this chapter? Any suggestions leave it in the comments! Bye