Chapter [30]

The Next Day

"Easy." Jeremy said as we got Jenna into the house. "Get the door, Her." I said as Matt and I lead Jenna to the couch. "Stop fussing. I'm fine." Jenna sighed. "The doctor said to take it easy." I argued. "You don't wanna rip your stitches, hemorrhage and die." Elena added.

"The only thing I'm gonna die from is embarrassment. I walked into a knife. Who does that?" Jenna asked. "It was a freak accident." Jeremy stated. "Yeah, I mean, I've done it like 20 times at the Grill." Matt joked as we set her down lightly on the couch. "What should I do with this?"

"I got it, thanks." I smiled taking the bag of food and followed Elena into the kitchen with Jer.

"What are we going to do?" Jeremy asked. "Make lunch." I shrugged putting the bag down. "No, about Katherine." Jeremy said. "We're not gonna do anything." Elena sighed. "She tried to kill Jenna." Jeremy argued. "We can't let her get away with that."

"Yes we can, if it keeps you all safe. Think about it. Katerina is also my sister, but she almost killed my family. So we're not gonna do anything." I stated. "And if she tried something else?" Jeremy asked. "She won't. Katherine hurt Jenna because I didn't do what she said. Well I'm doing it now. Stefan and I are done, over with." Elena sighs. "She wins. The end."

"Both if you are being naive, you know it." Jeremy frowned walking out.

Later

"You're welcome to hang out. Alaric's coming." Elena informed. "Yeah. Pizza and bad TV. Whoo!" I said faking enthusiasm. "I'd love to, but I'm going to the masquerade party at the Lockwoods. Aren't you?" Matt asked. "Uh, no, not with what's going on with Stefan and I. Plus, I forced Skylar to stay here if I couldn't go." Elena said. "I've gotta go. There's something I gotta do." Matt said.

"And what's that Matty?" I teased. "Just something. I can't talk about it. But I've gotta go." Matt said. "Okay, have fun." Elena smiled.

Third Person's POV
At The Salvatore Boarding House

"Are you sure you don't want me there?" Ric asked. "No. We need you to stay with the twins. I don't want them to know about this. Especially Skylar. She'll be beyond pissed that we tried to kill her sister." Stefan frowned. "Alright, I'll make sure she doesn't leave my sight. Either of them." Ric nodded.

"Okay, if anyone wants to back out, I'll understand." Stefan said looking around. "Yeah! Cold feet speak now. I don't want this going wrong because someone chickens out. Caroline. Kat." Damon stated. "She killed my sister." Kat frowned. "Yeah, fair's fair." Caroline agreed. "As long as there's no werewolves running around."

"Mason left town." Bre stated. "And as long as you or Tyler doesn't kill anyone, you won't turn." Jeremy added. "Bonnie, Takarie?" Stefan asked. "You with us?"

"Yeah." Takarie nodded. "But no one gets hurt." Bonnie frowned. "Except Katherine." Damon butted in. "Tonight the bitch gets a stake through her heart." Bre added.

Later: At The Gilbert House
Skylar's POV

"I feel like an invalid." Jenna complained as Elena gave her a cup of coffee. "Because you are an invalid." I teased. "Where's Jeremy? Isn't he hungry?" Elena asked. "He left for the Lockwood party." Jenna smiled.

Elena and I looked at each other confused. He hates those parties. "He went to that?" I asked. "Yeah, I'm glad. He needs to learn how to have more fun. Lose some of that emo thing." Jenna sighed.

"I'm gonna get some napkins." I said going into the kitchen where Ric was. "What's going on?" I asked. "What do you mean?" Ric asked but the look on his face proved everyone was keeping something from Elena and I. "Elena and I haven't heard from anyone all day. Everyone's avoiding us. And since when does Jeremy go to Founder's Parties?" I pointed out.