Chapter 39

Skylar's POV

This morning was a crazy morning. Before Elena and I headed to school Katerina showed up impersonating Elena before she started to convince us that she wanted to help with our Klaus problem. Then we arrived to school with Ric wanting to talk to us before class.

"It was bad." Ric sighed after explaining what happened between him and Jenna. "Then John goes planting these seeds about Isobel and now Jenna knows I'm lying."

"John's gonna end up dead on the fucking floor." I growled.

"Easier said then done." Ric stated holding up his hand. "I gave him back his ring. So, yeah. Look, Jenn keeps asking about Isobel. You know, was she murdered? Why haven't they found the body? I mean, how much longer can she stay in the dark?"

"You think we should tell her the truth?" Elena asked as we looked at her surprised.

"I'm saying I can't be with her and not tell her. It's not fair to her and not a relationship I want." Ric stated.

"Not to mention it's becoming more dangerous for her not to know." I added.

"Yeah, and I thought we'd hold off until after we've dealt with Klaus." Elena sighed. "And even then, how do we tell someone what we know? How does someone hear that?"

"Look, I'm sorry to put this on the two of you. But I feel like it's your decision to make. And whatever you decide to do, I'll respect it." Ric nodded. "I want to be honest with her. But until then, Jenna and I are done."

That Night At The Gilbert House

All the girls were over to hang out tonight after what's been going on. The Bennett Twins are here because Dr. Martin took their powers, the Forbes Twins are here because Caroline is having Matt drama so Kat is supporting her, and Bre is here because her twin ran off with a wolf pack.

"Chinese food or pizza?" Caroline asked.

"Like you have to ask." Kat smiled as we helped Elena with the snacks.

"I'll get it." Caroline smiled, but it dropped as she saw her tablets screen saver of her and Matt at the Founders Day parade.

"I'll do it." Bonnie sighed taking the tablet from Caroline.

"Do you believe Jonas is being sincere?" I asked curiously.

"I don't know what to believe." Takarie sighed. "I think he's at a loss. He's not sure who to trust."

"Join the club." Elena stated, talking about Katerina, making me roll my eyes. Can't my two sisters ever get along?

"So, what are we going to do about this movie situation?" Bre asked. "What about the Notebook?"

"Bre, how many times have you seen that movie?" I laughed.

"That's not the point." Bre argued.

"Well, yeah, she means...." Elena trailed off as Jenna walked in. "Hey."

"What's going on here?" Jenna asked.

"Girls night." I smiled.

"Oh." Jenna nodded.

"How are you doing?" I asked.

"You heard about my fight with Ric." Jenna acknowledged.

"He feels terrible." I reasoned.

"Is this some kind of attempt to cheer me up?" Jenna asked.

"No. No. This is about us girls hanging out." Elena shrugged. "And, you know, we'll be here if you want to talk, or....."