Chapter 38

Skylar's POV

I woke up the next morning to my phone going off.

S: Hello?

J: Hey, Sky. I'm taking Elijah to the old founding family properties from the 1800's and was wondering if you wanted to come with.

S: Sure, why not. I'll meet you guys down there.

J: Okay, see you soon.

S: Alright. See you later Jenna.

I hung up and tried to get out of bed, but Damon had a grip around my waist.

"Damon. Damon, wake up." I said shaking him, only getting a groan in response.

"Ugh! Damon, get up!" I groaned them let out a sigh when he didn't. I smirked grabbing my phone, putting it near his ear and pressed my blow horn app.

"Ah!" Damon yelled jumping, then fell off the bed causing me to laugh. "What the fuck, Sky?!"

"You brought that on yourself." I shrugged and made my way to the bathroom to get ready for the day after answering Bre's call about Tyler running away last night. Probably something to do with Jules.

Once I got out of the shower I got dressed, blow-dried and brushed my hair leaving it in it's natural curls, and did my make-up before I left to meet up with Elijah and Jenna.

Later
At The Old Fell Property

"The old Fell property actually starts just beyond that fence." Jenna informed.

"Ah, the Fell's. One of the founding families." Elijah sighed.

"Why do you say it like that?" I asked amused.

"My research," Elijah smirked down at me. "showed that this area was actually settled almost two full centuries earlier. There was a migration of towns folk from the Northeast. Um, it was Salem, to be precise."

"Massachusetts? As in the witches trials?" Jenna asked as Elijah nodded.

"Which means the ever-lauded founding families, didn't actually find anything." Elijah informed.

"I bet it was the men who made a big deal about being founders." I guessed.

"Men are very territorial." Jenna added.

"Yes, they are indeed." Elijah frowned looking past us at Ric who walked up.

"Elijah, be nice." I said under a whisper, knowing he heard me.

"Uh, Elijah, this is my friend Alaric Saltzman." Jenna introduce.

"Yeah, I got your message about walking through the property lines." Ric smiled. "I thought I'd tag along. You know being a history buff and all. Where to next?"

"I'm pretty curious about the freed slave property owners." Elijah explained. "Some say the descendents of the slaves are the true keepers of American history."

"Well, I only brought the survey's. I've got the list in my car. Just give me a sec." Jenna said excusing herself from the awkward situation.

"Alaric Saltzman." Elijah acknowledged. "You're one if those people on the twins list of loved ones to protect."

"So is Jenna." Ric nodded with a frown.

"He's not gonna hurt her, Ric." I sighed wanting them to get along. Or at least try to be civil.