Chapter [34]

The Next Day
Skylar's POV

I was with Elena, Bonnie, and Takarie talking in Elena's room. "So what are you gonna do since you got this back?" I asked handing Elena the moonstone to observe it. "Well it's what's binding the Sun and Moon Curse. If we can figure out a way to remove the spell from the stone, it will become useless." Bonnie I formed. "Causing Klaus to become.e vengeful." I stated. "That's only if he finds out." Takarie pointed out. "Guys, can't this wait?" Elena asked. "Stefan is stuck in the tomb with Katherine. We have to get him out."

"He wants us to focus on this." Bonnie sighed. "Don't listen to him. He thinks KS he's protecting us." Elena argued. "We're taking Stefan's side on this one." Takarie stated. "We're not gonna let you get killed in some creepy ritual, or let Skylar be taken away by a centuries-whatever old-vampire."

"What are you girls arguing about?" Jeremy asked walking in. "Nothing." Bonnie shrugged putting the moonstone in her purse. "We're gonna get some coffee." Takarie sighed going downstairs with Bonnie. Elena sighed sitting down next to me on her bed.

"Why are you two on a suicide mission?" Jeremy asked. "We're trying to prevent everyone else we love from getting hurt." I frowned. "So giving Klaus the the moonstone so Elena could get herself killed, and you taken away forever is okay?" Jeremy asked with a frown, then left the room.

Once Jeremy left I nudged Elena, and took the moonstone out of Bonnie's purse. I put it in my pocket as Elena grabbed her keys, before heading downstairs. "Where are you two going?" Bonnie asked. "To, uh, see Stefan." Elena sighed. "You're lying." Takarie frowned. "No, we're not." I said crossing my arms. "Really?" Tell your face that." Bonnie said looking at Elena. "Are you serious?" I frowned.

"They took the moonstone." Jeremy said holding Bonnie's purse from behind us. "How did you--?" Elena started but was cut off by Bonnie. "We tested you. You failed."

"Klaus killed Katerina and I's entire family just because she crossed him. We're not gonna let that happen." I stated. Takarie and Bonnie stepped aside, letting us pass, but when we tried going put the door we were stopped by an invisible barrier. "What did you do?" Elena frowned. "You didn't!" I hissed.

"It was for the best." Takarie stated. I growled in fustration and hit the barrier.

Third Person's POV
At The Grill

"So I'm playing hostess to a writer who's doing a book on Virginia for the Historical Society." Jenna informed Ric. "Well that sounds--" Ric trailed off. "Lame. Yeah. But Carol Lockwood played the dead husband card. Plus my sister kept most of the archives. So there you have it." Jenna said standing up, giving Ric a quick kiss before leaving.

Later: At The Gilbert House
Skylar's POV

Elena and I sat on the couch, trapped in our own fucking house! Then we heard the door open, and Damon came walking in. "You should lock your door." Damon said as Elena rolled her eyes, and I slumped back, crossing my arms. "Oh, don't be pouty. You at least have to give me two points for ingenuity."

"You really think this is funny?!" I hissed. "Yeah, I find it halarious that I have to repeatedly save my girlfriend and her sister's lives." Damon frowned as I scoffed. "What does Stefan say about this?" Elena asked. "He had a good laugh." Damon shrugged sitting next to me on the arm of the couch. "And what about Elijah being alive?" I smirked.

"Yeah, I didn't tell him." Damon tsked. "Why not?" Elena frowned. "Because he can't do anything about it." Damon said then looked around. "Where's the witch twins?"

"Thought they were meeting you." Jeremy said walking in. "No, they're on moonstone duty. I'm on suicidal twins patrol." Damon said putting an arm around my shoulders which I slapped off and glared. "What about Tyler and the full moon?" Jeremy asked. "Vampire Barbie voulenteered, and Bre is with her." Damon shrugged. "I said 'why not'. If she screws up, and bites her I'll be rid of one problem."