Chapter [33]

The Next Morning
Skylar's POV

I woke up to an empty bed with a note on Damon's pillow.

Sky,

Stefan and I will be out for a while trying to get the moonstone. Be home later. Love you.

~Damon

I sighed and went into the bathroom getting ready for the day before going downstairs only to bump into Elena. "What are you doing here?" I asked curiously. "I'm here to talk with Rose." Elena said then got me to realize that if we don't hand ourselves over to Klaus, everyone will die trying to save us.

Later

"No. It's a bad idea." Rose said as we talked in the parlor. "No it's not." I disagreed. "Your friend Slater obviously has more information about Klaus. You and Damon gave up before you got it." Elena stated. "That's because someone blew up a coffee shop with us in it." Rose frowned.

"There's more to learn. We just have to find it." I tried to reason. "Why are you two coming to me with this?" Rose asked. "Because you owe us." Elena pointed out. "One word from us, and Damon and Stefan would have killed you for kidnapping us."

"Or maybe it's because you know that they wouldn't want you two doing this, and their moonstone caper(stunt) gives you a chance to sneak away." Rose pointed out. "We're having a disagreement​." Elena sighed. "What do you plan to achieve by this?" Rose asked sitting next to us on the couch.

"What if I told you we know two witches who's willing to do whatever it takes to help. If you're willing to make a deal, you'll get a daylight ring." I bargained. "Fine." Rose sighed grabbing her keys. "Let's go."

In the car, I sat in the front on the way there and started to listen to my playlist as I started to sing.

(I don't own the song!!! All rights go to The Band Perry!!!)
Video above

That Afternoon In Richmond

Finally when we got to Slater's we had Rose go knock on the door. "Slater. Open up. It's Rose." She said then turned to us after no one answered. "No one's home. Sorry."

"Mm-mm. We didn't come here for nothing." I frowned causing Rose to open the door and broke the chains that kept it locked.

"Slater?" Rose called out turning a corner as Elena and I looked around. "Uh, guys." Rose frowned looking down at the floor. "I don't think he'll be much help."

Elena and I quickly rushed over seeing Slater with a stake in his chest, dead. Rose went to take care of his body as Elena and I looked through his desk. "Looks like whoever blew up the coffee shop killed him for his information." Elena frowned.

"Probably to stop him from helping people like us. He was a vampire almanac. Knowing too much information just bit him in the ass." Rose sighed going over to the curtains, opening them. "Rose!" I panicked as I tried to log into Slater's computer. "Relax. It's tempered glass. UV rays can't penetrate." Rose rolled her eyes. "I used to come here and watch the day."

"Any luck?" Elena asked me. "No. Password protected. We can't get in." I sighed before we heard something fall from a different room. "Stay here." Rose warned going over to the door and opened it. "Alice?" Rose frowned as a girl ran into her arms.