Chapter [31]

The Next Day
Third Person's POV

Italics = Stranger in Car
Bold = Compelled Man
Normal = Third person POV

"Where are they?"

"In the trunk. I did exactly what you said."

"Good. Put them in the back."

The compelled man did as told then mad his was back to the man in the car.

"Thank you for your help."

"Is there anything else?"

"Yes, come closer."

The compelled man went closer until his head was in the window, causing the stranger to attack the man's neck feeding, off him before leaving with the unconscious girls.

(Back To Normal Context)

At The High School

"Hey Jeremy." Stefan greeted as he bumped into the littlest Gilbert in the hall. "Hey, oh, if Skylar and Elena are gonna sleep over you and Damon gotta--" Jeremy said but was cut off. "Wait. Wait. Wait. Elena and I, we're not back together." Stefan said. "So she didn't sleep at your place?" Jeremy asked. "No, and neither did Skylar." Stefan shook his head. "Well neither of their bed's haven't been slept in. And Bre said Elena's car was still in the driveway." Jeremy said confused. "Where are they then?"

Skylar's POV

I woke up on a couch next to Elena when I heard a familiar voice. "How's the girls?" The familiar voice asked. That's when it clicked. They were old friends of Katerina and I before they left England. "Still passed out." The other familiar voice answered. I looked to Elena who looks like she just woke up as well. "You didn't touch them did you?" The voice of my old friend Rose asked. "Oh give me some credit." My other old friend Trevor answered. "So did you call him?"

Elena and I looked at each other confused. "No. I called one of his contacts. You know how this works." Rise answered. What the fuck are they talking about? "Did you or did you not get the message to Elijah?" Trevor asked as we quietly made our way up the stairs. "They said he got it." Rose said. "Wonderful​. And what?" Trevor asked while we walked closer down the hallway. "So that's it Trevor. He either got it or he didn't. All we have to do is wait!" Rose said getting fustrated with Trevor.

"It's not too late. We can leave then here. We don't have to go through with this." Trevor panicked. "I'm sick of running!" Rose complained. "Well running keeps us alive!" Trevor argued. "Elijah's old-school. If he accepts our deal, we're free." Rise said as Elena stepped on a creaky floor board causing Rose and Trevor to catch us. "You!" Rose frowned storming up to Elena and I. "There's nothing around here for miles. If you think you're getting out, you're wrong. Understand?"

"Geez, Rise. Chill. Lighten up." I said causing them all to look at me shocked. "You know them?" Elena frowned. "You remember us?" Rose and Trevor asked. "Of course. You guys were my best friends." I said as my smile turned into a frown. "That was until you guys took off."

"We're sorry, but we couldn't come back." Trevor apologized. "He's right. We were on the run from Elijah." Rose nodded. "Elijah?" I asked curiously. "You don't remember them, do you?" Rose asked. "No. Not really. I remember his name and his family, but if I try to remember their faces or memories I had, it becomes blurry." I stated. "I don't know much about it​, but sadly it comes as a part of your curse." Rose frowned. "Yeah. I figured." I nodded. "Who's Elijah?" Elena asked. "He's your worst nightmare." Rose stated as Elena looked at me worried.