Chapter 37

Skylar's POV

The next morning I woke up to a phone ringing along with the other girls.

"Hello?" Elena answered.

"Elena!" Caroline and Takarie whined.

"Shh!" Bonnie and Kat 'shh'd'

"Elena! Take it out-fucking-side!" Bre and I complained.

That's when my phone went off.

S: What?!

D: Good morning to you too, honey.

S: Sorry, I didn't get any sleep last night. Thanks to Break and the fucking mattress.

D: Well cheer up! You're going to a party with me this afternoon where Elijah is the guest of honor.

S: And what joy do I get out of this?

D: To drag Bre so you're not the only miserable one. Plus you get to see me.

S: Fine, when?

D: I'll pick you and Bre up at noon

Later
At The Lockwood House

"Why am I here again?" Bre asked Damon and I.

"A: You live here. B: If I'm gonna be stuck here with borning people, so are you. C: Because I say so, and I love you." I smiled innocently.

"Yeah, love you too, sis." Bre rolled her eyes then we both laughed.

"Okay, there's your mom. Let's go." Damon said as we walked over to Mrs. Lockwood and Elijah.

"Damon, what a surprise. And girls, I'm glad you could make it." Carol smiled. "Elijah, I would like you to meet Damon Salvatore and his girlfriend, my God-daughter, Skylar Gilbert. Their both part of the founding families. And this is my daughter, Breanna."

"It's a pleasure to meet you." I smiled playing along as he shook Damon's hand, then kissed mine.

"Pleasure is mine." Elijah smiled then set his eyes on Bre. Awe! I haven't seen that look on his face since he met Tatia. I smell a relationship!

Later: That Night
At The Salvatore Boarding House

After the boring party, Alaric came back to the boarding house with us to drink.

"Today was a bust." Damon sighed.

"Yeah." Alaric agreed.

"How's the throat?" I asked.

Damon being his usual cocky-self, confronted Elijah and had a conversation. Long story short, it ended with Damon getting stabbed in the neck.

"Sore." Damon pouted.

"Aw, poor baby." I teased.

"Elijah is one scary dude." Ric nodded. "But with great hair."

"I agree with you about the hair." I nodded. "But, Elijah is as scary as a bunny."

"You two want another drink?" Ric asked.

"Sure." I sighed as we handed him our glasses.

"He's gonna be hard to kill." Damon sighed.

"Sexy-Evil-Vampire-Boyfriend say what now?" I frowned.

"Yeah, John gave him a dagger and white oak ash to kill Elijah. But me personally, I'd think twice before it would work." Ric said. "You're gonna need more info."