Chapter 40

"Hello, girls." Isobel greeted. "It's nice to see you again."

"Again?" Jenna asked.

"So you're the woman who's dating my husband." Isobel acknowledged. "I need to speak with my daughters. May I come in?"

"No. No. Don't. Don't invite her in." Elena stated.

"I need to talk with the two of you."

"Hell, no!" I growled slamming the door in her face, then turned to Jenna who was on the verge of tears.

"You two knew she was still alive?" Jenna frowned. "John? Ric? Did they know?"

"We can explain everything, Jenna." I tried.

"No." Jenna cried.

"No, Jenna, please!" Elena begged as we followed her upstairs, but she locked herself in her room.

"Jenna, please, you have to talk to us." I tried again as tears started to form in my eyes. "We need to explain what's going on."

The Next Morning

Elena and I were pacing downstairs by the door until Ric came in. "Hey, is she up yet?"

"She won't come out of her room." Elena sighed as I closed the door.

"What did you tell her?" Ric asked worried.

"Nothing. She won't talk to us." I frowned.

"We're gonna have to fix this." Ric sighed.

"Yeah." Elena and I agreed.

"Hey." I quickly said as Jenna came downstairs with a suitcase.

"Jenna." Ric tried.

"I don't want you here, Ric. You need to go." Jenna stated.

"Listen, I can't begin to imagine what you must be feeling right now." Ric said trying to be gentle.

"Rage and betrayal would cover it." Jenna said grabbing her jacket.

"Where are you going?" Elena frowned.

"I'm going to stay on campus. I have a thesis to write and I don't wanna be in this house." Jenna sighed. "Girls, I need you to go to the Lockwood's today and accept the Historical Society's check for your mom's foundation."

But before we could say anything she left with a slam of the door.

"Jenna--" I said about to go after her.

"Let her go." John said interrupting me. "It's better that she's not here with everything going on."

"Why You Little Mother Fucker!" I growled as my eyes changed while I tried to go after him, but Elena and Ric held me back. "Let Me Go!"

"Maybe if you had been honest from the beginning, this--" John said getting cut off by Ric punching him in the face.

"Sorry, girls." Ric said walking out.

"You know this is all your fault, right?!" I hissed.

"Right." John frowned as Elena and I went upstairs.

Later

I was in my room on my phone texting Nik after he finally got back to me.

S: So how's Europe?

N: It's great, but I have some good news.

S: What?