Chapter [29]

The Next Morning
Skylar's POV

"Damon, why aren't you ready?" I frowned as he sat in the parlor with a bourbon. "I'm not going to help set up for the masquerade ball until later. I'll meet you there." Damon said making his way over to me. We leaned in but as our lips were about to touch there was a knock on the door. Great.

Damon sighed as we went over, and opened the door to Jeremy. "I need to talk to you." He said. "And when I need to talk to you......" Damon trailed off about to close the door on Jer, but I stopped him letting Jer in. "What about?" I asked. "Tyler and Bre has to kill someone to activate their curse. Their not werewolves yet." Jeremy explained.

"Wow, fascinating. Not enough." Damon frowned. "But Mason Lockwood is, and he's looking for a moonstone, a special rock connected to the werewolf curse. That's why he's here." Jeremy added. "A moonstone?" I asked curiously. Why would Mason want some stupid rock? "And you're bringing ​this information to me, why?" Damon asked.

"Do I need a reason?" Jeremy asked Damon and I gave him a knowing look. "Look, I just want to help, okay?" Jeremy sighed. "What does Elena know about this?" I asked. "Nothing. Elena doesn't want me getting involved." Jeremy shrugged.

"And she's right, but I'm not getting in the middle of this again." I frowned grabbing my bag and keys. "Do what you want, but I know nothing. Love you both, Jer be careful, Damon keep an eye on him, bye." I smirked and drove to the Lockwoods to help.

At The Lockwoods

I was helping Elena, Kat, Bre, and Takarie with masks when I saw Stefan and Bonnie talking. "Damon, what are you doing here?" Elena asked getting my attention. "Looking for my baby bro. Speaking of, could you tell yours to stop following me around?" Damon asked annoyed. "What's going on?" Elena asked looking at me, then back to Damon. "Ask eager beaver." Damon said as Kat, Bre, Takarie, and I left with him so Elena and Jer could talk.

"So what were you and Bonnie talking about?" I asked after we met up and started walking with Stefan. "Bonnie had a vision of what she thought was you, kissing Mason. Obviously it was Katherine." Stefan sighed. "Mason is with Katherine?" Bre frowned. "He did get into town after she did." Takarie pointed out. "It makes perfect sense." Kat added.

"I know, but Mason Lockwood?" Damon said in disbelief as Stefan shrugged. "Werewolf thing aside, the guy's a surfer. She has to be using him."

"For what?" Stefan asked. "Jer did say Mason was looking for a moonstone." I pointed out. "And it allegedly can break the full moon werewolf curse." Damon stated. "Maybe Katherine wants it." Kat suggested. "Why?" Stefan said confused. "No idea. But we all know she's always up to something." Bre stated.

"How are we going to find the moonstone?" Takarie asked. "Jeremy is getting it from Tyler." Damon shrugged. "Damn it, Damon! I told you to keep an eye on him." I frowned. "Why would you involve Jeremy?" Stefan frowned at Damon. "He's playing Indiana Jones. He involved himself." Damon said defending himself.

After we found out Mason has the moonstone, we asked if Takarie could help us with a plan. So here we let Takarie act like she needed help.

"Hey, how'd you get stuck doing this yourself?" Mason asked. "All the guys bailed. Something about draft picks? I don't know." Takarie lied. "Let me give you a hand." Mason said but Takarie started to give him an anerism with her magic until he passed out. Damon took his keys while the girls and I helped load Mason up in the trunk.

Then we all followed Damon back to the Boarding House in my car.

At The Boarding House

"Here's his bag." Bre said as Damon set Mason in a chair, and took the chains out of Mason's bag, chaining him to the chair.

Takarie walked up placing her hands on each side of Mason's head, closing her eyes. "What are you doing?" I asked. "You're looking for the moonstone, I'm gonna help find it." Takarie offered. "Good. Find out if he gave it to Katherine. Find out where she is. And what they're gonna do with it once they get it." Damon stated.