Chapter 42

Third Person's POV

The Next Morning
Skylar's POV.

I woke up the next morning to an empty bed. After I got ready for the day I bumped into Stefan in the hall.

"Hey, have you seen Elena?" Stefan asked.

"No, why?" I frowned.

Stefan and I looked at each other before rushing down stairs.

"Have you seen Elena?" I asked Damon while Stefan tried to call her.

"Nope." Damon shook his head.

I looked towards Stefan who went to the basement, Damon and I quickly rushed down with him only to see Elijah's body gone.

"Oh, she didn't." Damon frowned.

Third Person's POV

At The Salvatore Boarding House
Skylar's POV

I was in the parlor with Stefan and Damon, having a drink when Stefan answered his phone.

"Hello?....Jenna, hey....uh, Elena's not here at the moment. Is everything okay?....It's really hard to explain over the phone but Elena and Sky were hoping you could stay on campus a little while longer.... Wait. You're home?"

This is what got my attention making me hand my drink to Damon.

"Jenna, listen carefully. Whatever you do, don't meet Alaric at the Grill. I'm gonna come over with Sky now and we'll explain everything."

Once Stefan hung up we went home to see Jenna.

Third Person's POV
At The Lockwood's

Alaric's Apartment

At The Gilbert House
Skylar's POV

"Jenna thank God you didn't go to the Grill." I sighed giving her a wick hug before stepping in with Stefan.

"Uh, guys--"

"No, listen, we can explain." Stefan said cutting her off.

"Hi, guys." Ric's voice said causing me to turn and see Ric/Klaus with a smirk. "How's it going?"

Later

"You know, I find chopping calming." Ric/Klaus said at the island while Jenna, Stefan, and I sat at the table. "The feel of the blade in the hand maybe."