Chapter Twenty-Six. Fifty Shades of Grey Mavericks.

"Scarlett.."

I heard his malicious voice echo through the woods as sprinted into the darkness of the forest. My breathing was ragged, loud in my ears as my chest heaved up and down erratically. The cool night air surrounded my body, as I felt myself begin to weaken. My lungs burned, exhaustion ripping through me.

No, Scarlett.

Don't stop running.

You have to get away from him.

I kept repeating to myself as I pushed further, and further, my body on fire. My vision was fading out, as I felt myself slow down. Branches of trees cut into my skin as I ran past them, as the smell of blood invaded my nose. Without control, I felt my body collapse to the ground, exhaustion spreading through my bones.

Get up.

I heard his footsteps approach me, fear going through my body like electricity.

Get up!

I pushed with all the strength I had in me, but it wasn't enough. I wasn't strong enough. He was going to kill me, and I couldn't do anything about it. I felt his presence above me, as I titled my head up to meet his eyes. A piercing scream echoed through the forest, hurting my ears, until I realized it was mine. His silver eyes stared back at me, not a hint of love in them. I closed my eyes, this can't be real. He is messing with my head.

"Oh, its real, Scarlett." Grey said, coming closer to me. I tried to move, but I couldn't as he trailed a knife up my skin.

Wake up.

I let out a cry as Grey held me down, nothing but evil in his eyes. He was not the Grey I had come to love. He was not my Grey. This was a monster.

Wake up!

"This is who I really am."

He breathed out as he submerged the knife into my chest. He let out an evil smile as I felt the life pour out of me, my last image being the betrayal in his eyes.

~

"Scarlett, wake up!"

My eyes flew open as my entire body shot up from the bed. I let out a shaky breath as my eyes fell on silver ones. Grey. I kicked him back, sending him to the floor with a thud. I instantly felt horrible once I realized what I just did. He let out a groan, completely thrown off guard from my sudden adrenaline rush when I woke up. I ran to his side, as he quickly waved me off, taking a seat on the bed.

"I'm sorry.." I mumbled, scratching the back of my head. Grey gave me a sympathetic look, before clasping his hand around mine. Heat blazed through it, as I only craved more of him.

"In your dream, you were yelling my name. But, it was like.. you were afraid of me?"

His eyes fell on mine, full of worry. I looked at the floor as I let out a small nod.

"It was you, who was after me, in the dream. That's why I pushed you to the floor when I woke up." My voice was filled with regret, feeling horrible for pushing him away like that. I finally feel like we have come so far, and are closer than we have ever been. I don't want to do anything to ruin that.

"I would never do anything to hurt you. I love you, Scarlett."

My heart melted at his words, and I knew, he truly meant them. His arms gently went around me, as I sunk into them.

"Will you stay with me?" I looked up at him, as he gave me a gorgeous smile. We placed ourselves as close as we could to each other on the bed, without being too close. I knew Grey could control it now, but he didn't want to take any chances. I felt his lips gently press against my forehead, as I practically exploded with excitement.

"Goodnight, my love." I heard his deep voice whisper to me as I felt myself slowly drift off to a comforting sleep, next to the one I love.

~

"Wake up, sleeping beauty." I heard a raspy voice whisper in my ear as my eyes slowly opened. I grinned from ear to ear as my eyes fell on silver eyes. He used his hand to a strand of hair from my face, as my heart beamed with happiness.

"I'd like to wake up like that every day for the rest of my life." A smirk appeared on my face as I recited to him the same words he said to me not too long ago. He placed a light kiss on my forehead, before pulling me out of bed. I let out a groan, falling into him, closing my eyes in delight. As long as Grey was in this room with me, I'd never want to leave.

"So I'm allowed to touch you now?" I raised my eyebrows, motioning to our bodies. Grey let out an even bigger smile as he placed a kiss on my lips.

"I've learned to control it, yes. But let's not push it."

I rolled my eyes, knowing that would be impossible. He's right here with me, and I already seem to miss him. My body, and my heart, can't get enough of this boy. Yes, our love is like a roller coaster ride, but it's a good thing I love roller coasters. This time, I'm ready for whatever ups and downs our love may have to overcome. But I know he'll be right next to me the whole time.

"Can I take you on a date?"

My head instantly shot up as he said this. A date? Grey Mavericks wants to take me on a date? Hell yes!

"Great." Grey let out a smile, as he interlocked our fingers. "It's settled then."

My cheeks grew into flames as I looked back at him.

"I said that out loud, didn't I?"

Grey only nodded at me before kissing me once more. Shit, I haven't brushed my teeth yet this morning. Let's hope he didn't notice that. Wait, aren't all his senses amplified or something? Whatever, I can't keep up with all their magic talk.

"So, where are we going?"

Grey only gave me a smirk as he pulled a shirt over his head. I instantly frowned. That shirt looks good on him, but it looks even better on the floor.

"Well, what do I bring?"

His silver eyes fell on me, and I just about melted into the bed. What is he doing to me?

"Nothing." He said, letting out a wicked smile. He ran a hand through his hair, before slipping out the door.

"Wait, nothing? What about clothes?" I yelled after him, as I heard him let out a chuckle from down the hall.

Oh, boy.

What have I gotten myself into?

~