Chapter Twelve. Supply Run?

I let out a piercing scream as I ran through the darkness of the woods, not looking back. I could hear him behind me, right on my trail, as I dashed through the forest. My heart was pumping erratically in my ears, my breathing heavy.

"Grey!"

I yelled, hoping he would find me, hoping he heard my distant call for help. But there was nothing. Nobody to save me from this monster. Suddenly, the dark figure caught up to me, bringing me to the ground. I cried in pain as my arm snapped in my captor's hand, as I lay beneath him. I let out a helpless cry as he stood above me, letting out a malicious laugh.

"I've found you now, my Scarlett."

My blaring scream filled the air as the strong, metallic smell of blood came around me. It was all my blood. I tried to scream, I tried to run, but I couldn't move at all as I slowly faded away into the darkness of the night.

~

"Grey!"

I woke up in a sweat, with arms around me, shaking me. I instantly pushed the body away from me in fear, until their silver eyes found mine. My body relaxed as I stopped screaming, recognizing where I was. It was just a dream.

"Jesus, Scarlett. Don't do that. When I heard you scream, I thought something had happened to you."

I was about to apologize to Grey, until I remembered how he had acted towards me lately. I pushed his arms away from me, as he gave me a look of shock.

"I'm fine. You can leave now."

His arms found me once again, not moving from his spot.

"I'm not going anywhere."

I grabbed his arms from my waist, trying to get them off of me. Grey didn't shift a single inch. I tried to ignore the feeling he was giving my body as his arms clenched around me.

"Scarlett, tell me what's wrong."

I almost laughed as I looked into his silver orbs.

"What's wrong, really? You! One minute I feel like you're actually opening up to me, and you're so protective of me. Then next, it's like you want nothing to do with me and I know nothing about the real you."

His grip around me loosened, as he stared into my eyes. I was mentally cursing at myself, remembering the oath I took to not want anything to do with him. But staring into his pleading face, as he tried to pull me into him, any fight I was about to put up was already lost.

"Grey, show me the real you. Open up to me."

He pulled me back into him so I was sitting in his lap. I wrapped my legs around his waist, pulling us closer. He closed his eyes in delight as my fingers found his hair, running them through it. Our faces were so close, almost touching, causing my body to go into a frenzy of desire. Every inch of his body that touched mine was on fire, as we held each other. Our eyes were locked in each other's, it was like our own world.

"Let me in."

My voice was barely above a whisper as I felt the steady pace of his breathing. My eyes were on his full, luscious lips as we sat together, clouded with desire.

"I-I can't."

He sat up from the bed, removing me from him. Grey stood up, quickly, looking at me with bold eyes. He opened his mouth to speak, then dashed out of the room, the door slamming behind him. Why is it that he always runs out on me like a girl? And they say I'm the dramatic one?